The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Kovalchuk said:

Not sure what window people are saying we're in.  A window to make the playoffs as the last seed?  We're definitely not in a contending for the cup window 

We should keep Demko, Petey, and Quinn.  Every other player should be up for trade.  Starting with Miller.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Boeser, Horvat or Petey age makes it easier to do a hockey trade to rebalance the roster.

You lost me when you talk about trading Petey.

Petey is carving his place still in NHL and it might take a  few years before he reach a satisfieing level.

Petey might be a 100-120 p player soon and he you want to trade?

Miller hasn’t carved out his points as Petey has and Petey is much younger.

If Petey had been with the Lightnings he’d already be on 100p.

Think a bit why Miller could’t be that 100p guy with the Lightning…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I would for sure trade brock and bo, I would prefer to keep Miller but I think he will probably want out now.

The leadership group on this team sucks.

Losing Tanev really hurt this team, Toffoli fit in really well here and rumour was Miller and Pearson really liked the guy and he had more of a leadership role than one would have thought based on his brevity with the team. Demko is great but Markstrom also had a good voice in the room. Beagle, Sutter also had good leadership and PK qualities. 

This team needs an overhaul.

I would keep garland, Petey, Hughes, Podz, Demko, Miller, Lammiko, Motte, highmore and one of OEL or Myers.

The rest need to go.

17 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would for sure trade brock and bo, I would prefer to keep Miller but I think he will probably want out now.

The leadership group on this team sucks.

Losing Tanev really hurt this team, Toffoli fit in really well here and rumour was Miller and Pearson really liked the guy and he had more of a leadership role than one would have thought based on his brevity with the team. Demko is great but Markstrom also had a good voice in the room. Beagle, Sutter also had good leadership and PK qualities. 

This team needs an overhaul.

I would keep garland, Petey, Hughes, Podz, Demko, Miller, Lammiko, Motte, highmore and one of OEL or Myers.

The rest need to go.

Highly unlikely they'd trade Bo and Miller.  If they trade Bo and Miller leaves, then what?

Edited by stawns

45 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This thread is gonna be hella spicy over the next few weeks, as if it hasn't already been 

I mean, the team did just lose 7-4 tonight on home ice. 

I thought the team was in Anaheim. I mean, I wish they were in California. Tonight’s performance was an embarrassment. 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, the team did just lose 7-4 tonight on home ice. 

I thought the team was in Anaheim. I mean, I wish they were in California. Tonight’s performance was an embarrassment. 

Not just that, but every team they're chasing for a divisional spot except Vegas won today, and probably only because Vegas didn't play 

And several of these teams have at least a game in hand

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not just that, but every team they're chasing for a divisional spot except Vegas won today, and probably only because Vegas didn't play 

And several of these teams have at least a game in hand

Yeah. I don't think management needs to wait a couple more weeks to know this team isn't making it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

Highly unlikely they'd trade Bo and Miller.  If they trade Bo and Miller leaves, then what?

if they trade bo and miller.. then boeser gotta go too it's a full rebuild around hughes and ep.... or management just wants a clean slate and get rid of everyone lol.. at least we'll have lots of cap space to eat bad contract for 1st rounders.. maybe we'll collect enough first rounders either this draft or next and we can trade all of them for the 1st overall for wright this year and maybe we'll be bad enough next year and either win the lottery or have a high enough 1st + couple more 1st to trade for the 1st overall and take bedard too XD

i figure if we trade bo miller boeser hughes ep demko it should net us 7-8 1st round picks! enuogh ammunition to trade for the 1st overall to whoever wins it

• Haha 1