The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I get you.

Unless youre the 80's Oilers you are pretty much right.

Still, and again. A good goalie is part of the team and should be taken into account when trying to put together a balanced line up. If you are strong in net, in theory, you can assign more attribute to other areas. 

I agree and he's a part of the team and a team shouldn't be vilified for having a great goalie.  That said, a dominant goalie hides a lot of wart and can make a team look much better than they really are and, thus, prevent a management staff from addressing other needs

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

So lay out what I'd do, but you don't want me to include the biggest move I'd make?

Ok

I meant try to be specific and realistic about your moves. not vague and oversimplified. 

You put in a lot of time to rightfully critique so if you believe your capacity as an armchair GM is fairly astute, then let’s hear your game plan down to detail. 

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sometimes teams don't have a choice, when they aren't as good as the teams in their division.

Canucks basically have the same team as last year, except for the unknown Kuzmenko. Hoping the Canucks can at least improve the bottom 6 and ad a Dman. If they can't do that, then the odds are really stacked against them. This team was not good enough last year, and they're still not good enough.

Well the team from back half good enough to be a wild card or first round team. They may feel with demko and steps from everyone important we could be.

I agree tho bottom 6 must be improved and a dman needs to be added or upgraded.

neevous for signings we have very little money rn though 

and JT situation has me all eyes 

should see what our bottom 6 will look like very very soon.

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I meant try to be specific and realistic about your moves. not vague and oversimplified. 

You put in a lot of time to rightfully critique so if you believe your capacity as an armchair GM is fairly astute, then let’s hear your game plan down to detail. 

in what time frame?  Trade deadline 2022?  Draft?  Free agency etc?  Everytime a window passes them buy, the plan has to change as the opportunities diminish.  What I think they should have done at the tdl isn't what I think they should have done at the draft and what I think they should have done at the draft isn't the same as what I think they need to do now.

What I do know is that they are doing nothing, at all.

Edited by stawns