The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Dude, you said a "true fan" would know that Miller needs to be traded and would support it.

I myself am (begrudgingly) on the trade Miller bandwagon myself, but if I weren't, and thought that the best course of action was to resign Miller or wait until the deadline, would that make me not a "true fan" in your eyes? Or if they did move Miller and I was critical of the decision, would that make me not a "true fan"? Because that's the implication in your previous post.

Again will says this one more time mo matter what happens mo everyone will agree on the out come but a fan sticks behind the team

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

Not extending Miller is our best option to get picks and a rhd. How will we re-stack the prospect cupboard if we keep him? Next year’s draft is a great opportunity to have multiple picks in round 1 and 2.

If you're Vegas you don't need picks and prospects 

Oh wait, we're not Vegas. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, stawns said:

You're not getting rid of Myers and dickenson without giving up major pieces, like first round picks or top prospects 

Considering guys like Gudbranson and Chiarot just got 4x4’s each and teams have shown interest in Myers, this is a bit of a stretch. Sure there were the usual mental errors of his but once we had an actual NHL level head coach he started playing like a legitimate top 4 quality dman. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

For those that think Miller can be resigned on a club friendly deal, good luck on that. Miller will want term and money. What is probably worse is he will want a NMC or NTC to cement is ability to dictate any movement later in his term. IMHO Miller has to be traded. It is asset management which is new for the Canucks. Saying this I am assuming there is a good market for JT. If he is not moved then we will know, and he will know, that his marketplace is not as strong as thought. I have little expectation that Miller will resign in Vancouver. The longer this drags out, the higher the risk is to Miller and to the Canucks. An acquiring team will want to resign JT and it would likely be advantageous for him to do so. Going into the season with JT playing in Van is a risk due to possible injury or a possible regression of his performance compared to last year. Neither of those possibilities are good for JT or the Canucks.    

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

For those that think Miller can be resigned on a club friendly deal, good luck on that. Miller will want term and money. What is probably worse is he will want a NMC or NTC to cement is ability to dictate any movement later in his term. IMHO Miller has to be traded. It is asset management which is new for the Canucks. Saying this I am assuming there is a good market for JT. If he is not moved then we will know, and he will know, that his marketplace is not as strong as thought. I have little expectation that Miller will resign in Vancouver. The longer this drags out, the higher the risk is to Miller and to the Canucks. An acquiring team will want to resign JT and it would likely be advantageous for him to do so. Going into the season with JT playing in Van is a risk due to possible injury or a possible regression of his performance compared to last year. Neither of those possibilities are good for JT or the Canucks.    

I agree with your post and I agree with the risk you stated. But if healthy its just my opinion jt will surpass his 99 points.  He's the real deal. 

He has improved since he got here because he never had the same opportunity in Tampa as he's gotten here. He's also going into his contract year. (If he doesn't sign an extension)

My prediction for jt this year is 110 points if he's healthy and on the Canucks.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ice8eight said:

I am in the trade Miller for whatever we can get wagon but the longer this takes, the more I just want him extended. Just trade Hoglander and Garland for whatever we can get and sign Klingberg.

Aren’t people curious what this roster can do with Miller on it?

What if it turns out that Boudreau team last season was what they’re really capable of, and with some added depth are a legit playoff team.

Lets say they even make a run to the Western finals. Wouldn’t you wanna keep that team together and keep building off something like that?

I’m just saying this is the deepest forward group we’ve had in a long time. To not see what they can do together would suck.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cripplereh said:

For some yes,but true fans know it should happen and would welcome it 

True fans?

By your definition?

Get outta here.

Your impression of yourself as one of these true fans implies that the fans who don't agree with you are not true fans is beyond absurd.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Bouds, would the Canucks made the playoffs this past season if Bo wasn't injured? It certainly would have been closer than it was.

11 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Why don't you put JR's statement that we are not letting him walk for nothing up on your monitor.

Then you won't have to repeat yourself like this.

I'm so confused about the purpose of a discussion board.

• Like 1