The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I heard that Miller won't re-sign unless they build a statue of him next to Roger Nielson but his has to be a foot taller and more prominently placed. Also wants a tiny village built in lower Van and renamed Practically Pittsburgh where he is the Mayor, and called Lord General Commander Millsy by those that live there. One last stipulation is that Dickinson becomes his poolboy and Poolman becomes his chauffer to and from the games.

Aqua ok’s it as long as he can charge admission. 

• Haha 1

"Hoping my human rights are enough to let me play… what a world."

- Bode Wilde
https://eyesonisles.com/posts/islanders-what-s-up-with-bode-wilde-01g4b3rxrwm1
The article suggests that the Iles will trade him to Detroit (or another team) that were 'more flexible' in
dealing with the non-vacinated players.  What with another way heading this way in the fall, I can't see
a trade to Vancouver.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I heard that Miller won't re-sign unless they build a statue of him next to Roger Nielson but his has to be a foot taller and more prominently placed. Also wants a tiny village built in lower Van and renamed Practically Pittsburgh where he is the Mayor, and called Lord General Commander Millsy by those that live there. One last stipulation is that Dickinson becomes his poolboy and Poolman becomes his chauffer to and from the games.

Nope that was me..  but I didn’t want to shave for the modeling session for the statue..

They just took this silly picture of me instead ..

FA5DCDDD-68AC-494C-A94A-18EEFEA23155.jpeg.a41324ab582b3c9a2c4079c590b8b3a3.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really a revelation or that uncommon to go weeks without contract talks.

My guess is they’ve tabled what they thought was a fair offer. Now they’re focused on getting something done with Bo.

Doesnt seem like they’re in any rush to get a deal done.

Edited by DeNiro

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is no way people forget how off seasons works from a yearly basis. This is a normal cycle of news about for a star player needing a new deal. The "Miller saga", Created by the agent to earn both of them as much money and rep for his company as possible imo

PA and Co won't act desperate for Miller's services. That will only help pump his value from a contract standpoint. But obviously we all know it needs to get figured out soon or the media will eat it alive all season.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Will be like this for a while. Media and fans need to stop with this. JT is not the fist nor will be the last star NHL player to not get an extension or be traded in the summer of his final contract year.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Will be like this for a while. Media and fans need to stop with this. JT is not the fist nor will be the last star NHL player to not get an extension or be traded in the summer of his final contract year.

And it’s the last few weeks of holiday time with family , before training and team sessions pick up..  

It’s going to be quite,  except for those who like to hear themselves create opinions and speculate on their own thoughts.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

The further we go into the summer, the more JT Miller talk. It’s not going to die down. Stuff like this is relentless here in Vancouver. Not talking about it isn’t going to make it go away. The media here is crazy, and the fans (like myself) are constantly talking about it.

If there are no suitors, I can see Miller going into the season without an extension. There’s a ton of risk, a ton by management. If JT gets injured for any extended period of time, management is &^@#ed. They won’t get the kind of return they’re looking for, and they most likely will lose Miller for nothing. What team is going to want to part with their best for an injured player? No way. 

Now, if JT plays well during the season, well, that also &^@#s the Canucks. If they’re not willing to meet his contractual demands now, how are they going to want to meet his contractual demands when he’s producing and playing well?

And when the &^@# is management going to sign Bo? Or are they going to wait for JT’s situation to be played out before signing Bo?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

"Hoping my human rights are enough to let me play… what a world."

- Bode Wilde
https://eyesonisles.com/posts/islanders-what-s-up-with-bode-wilde-01g4b3rxrwm1
The article suggests that the Iles will trade him to Detroit (or another team) that were 'more flexible' in
dealing with the non-vacinated players.  What with another way heading this way in the fall, I can't see
a trade to Vancouver.

I’d take him. We need all the RHD prospects we can get long shots or not

Edited by R3aL

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

The further we go into the summer, the more JT Miller talk. It’s not going to die down. Stuff like this is relentless here in Vancouver. Not talking about it isn’t going to make it go away. The media here is crazy, and the fans (like myself) are constantly talking about it.

If there are no suitors, I can see Miller going into the season without an extension. There’s a ton of risk, a ton by management. If JT gets injured for any extended period of time, management is &^@#ed. They won’t get the kind of return they’re looking for, and they most likely will lose Miller for nothing. What team is going to want to part with their best for an injured player? No way. 

Now, if JT plays well during the season, well, that also &^@#s the Canucks. If they’re not willing to meet his contractual demands now, how are they going to want to meet his contractual demands when he’s producing and playing well?

And when the &^@# is management going to sign Bo? Or are they going to wait for JT’s situation to be played out before signing Bo?

It’ll work out my friend. It always does. We have an incredibly competent management team running this organization now. No more “running out of time”.