The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

I probably don't buy a year old sandwich at all.

Only if it's those Hygaard sandwiches you buy at the gas station, they are nuclear bomb proof I swear...feels like it in your guts after too...but hey they fill you up...ugh.

Favorite quote from Zombie Land...."old world food, it never dies" as they search for twinkies lol

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Just wanted to see Rutherford’s face explaining his views on Pettersson and Hughes myself. If you had a link…

No biggy.

Link to his latest interview.  "We know it's there, he's done it before and he just has to continue working at it".

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Depends on if you’re talking about a sandwich or the sandwich.

A sandwich certainly doesn’t get better with age.

(Unless you’re hungover and you have half a sandwich leftover from the night before. Sometimes that sandwich is divine.) 

But the sandwiches I made when I was young can’t compare to the sandwiches I can make today.

And certainly a sandwich can taste better or worse, depending on the sandwiches around them.

Like when you’re at a picnic and you grab the last turkey swiss, from a platter with only warm egg salad sandwiches left. 

Or the sad looking gluten free sandwich my Celiac wife has to eat, while seeing her boys eating ones I’ve made on amazing fresh bread from the bakery.

And sandwiches do make comebacks. Just look at the tuna melt. Terribly out of fashion for years and nobody was making them, outside of diners and greasy spoons. But recently, it seems like they’re popping up on menus everywhere, even Michelin starred chefs.

And sometimes, old sandwiches just are the best. When I’m in a city with a good Jewish deli, I’m definitely ordering the Reuben. It’s probably a hundred year old sandwich, but sometimes the classics are the best. ;) 

(I’m just playing around with this analogy. And now I’m hungry. :lol:)

That was awesome and way more thought put into than my comment deserved. Lol. 

All I meant was you don’t pay full price for something that obviously isn’t as good as it was the day/year before.  

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AngryElf said:

Highly doubt it. That's a major loss in value.

I wouldn't mind Fiala for Boeser but don't think Minny would bite.

What is his value right now? He is supposed to be a top line right wing who is supposed to be a goal scorer but he lacks speed and finish in his game and is not creating enough offence. He does not have an edge or two way play element to his game when he is not lighting the lamp.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I wouldn't mind Fiala for Boeser but don't think Minny would bite.

What is his value right now? He is supposed to be a top line right wing who is supposed to be a goal scorer but he lacks speed and finish in his game and is not creating enough offence. He does not have an edge or two way play element to his game when he is not lighting the lamp.

He's purely a complimentary player that drove the play in his first year before teams figured him out. If you get him finishing some of McDavid, Huberdeau, Marner, etc.'s passes then he could get 35-40 goals. That is real value, but he's expected to do too much here. I'd put his value at a First and a Prospect, but I would prefer to take a player back that has proven capable of driving play ala Miller, Fiala, etc. I also absolutely love Fiala, he nearly clawed Minnesota back into the bubble series. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/2/2022 at 12:49 AM, khay said:

The other aspect is that the Jets had plenty of wingers that they could deal Laine. We don't have many centers coming behind Petey... in fact, we have none.

If Miller walks to UFA, our center depth is barren and we are screwed.

If Miller walks and Pete doesn't get his game back were also screwed 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

If Miller walks and Pete doesn't get his game back were also screwed 

If Petey doesn't get his game back as a center, we need to draft a center to play between EP and Boeser. Horvat will be a 2C to center with two of Hog, Podz, Garland as his wingers. I think that's still not too bad of a path forward. 

If Petey doesn't get his game back at all be it as a winger or center, then yeah we are screwed. We might have to enter a rebuild?

An added benefit of trading Miller at this TDL aside from maximizing the return, is that we get to see how EP fares when he becomes our #1 option from TDL on until the end of the season. 

If he fails miserably, well then that should help JR and his crew to plan accordingly including a trade involving EP to expedite the retool/rebuild.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

If Petey doesn't get his game back as a center, we need to draft a center to play between EP and Boeser. Horvat will be a 2C to center with two of Hog, Podz, Garland as his wingers. I think that's still not too bad of a path forward. 

If Petey doesn't get his game back at all be it as a winger or center, then yeah we are screwed. We might have to enter a rebuild?

An added benefit of trading Miller at this TDL aside from maximizing the return, is that we get to see how EP fares when he becomes our #1 option from TDL on until the end of the season. 

If he fails miserably, well then that should help JR and his crew to plan accordingly including a trade involving EP to expedite the retool/rebuild.

And if they come out of the deadline with a 2nd pick in round one, they can certainly make a case for trading up.

7 hours ago, khay said:

I think if Petey does not regain his form at centre, then yes, we’ll need a rebuild. And Bo’s probably not going to want to be a part of that, which means blow it up, and enter another 8 year rebuild. 

Goddamnit Benning. You and you’re &^@#ed up, save your ass trades. 

I think this season is a loss for Petey. Wouldn’t be a fair assessment given how he’s played this year. I think next season is when we see if he can take on  wing from here on out. 

17 hours ago, khay said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Petey doesn't recover personally. Up until missing half of last year with injury, likely offseason training because of it, and camp this year, he was a record breaking, Calder winning phenom that was the buzz of both the local market, and the league. That doesn't just vaporize. 

But if he does "vaporize", yeah we're probably F'd regardless of what we do with Miller or anyone else.

15 hours ago, stawns said:

And if they come out of the deadline with a 2nd pick in round one, they can certainly make a case for trading up.

Trade up for Jiricek! Yes please! 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1