The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

If they really did offer him $7 million x 7 or 8 years and he turned it down, it makes a lot more sense to me why they signed Miller. 

They made it clear they wanted to keep at least one of the two. 

They have a much better idea than we do of what the agents are asking for. Miller’s side probably required less movement on the part of the Canucks. 

All speculation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

He kinda does:

"The Canucks stretched it to as far as they could go."

"The Canucks will now take the best trade offer for Bo".

Apparently he did specifically say nothing was "eminent", but if this latest offer is "as far as they can go", and if he's claiming something as far as the idea that the Canucks will take the highest offer, that kind of contradicts it not being eminent. 

But you're right - anything can happen. But the only way I can see us affording Bo is if we move another moderate to significant contract... which is something management hasn't been able to do... despite their attempts.

No, he doesn't. "As far as they can go as of right now." He also says things like, "If a Horvat trade is made." His statements are not the same as the Canucks making a final offer or that a trade is inevitable, which is what I was responding to. Regardless, we heard all the same things about Miller, so, really, we all just have to wait and see what happens, as anything can still happen.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine the ineptitude of management if they lose both.  It was easily avoided 

Losing both for assets >>>>>>>>>> losing either one of them for nothing.  I’ll be fine if we trade both for a return that sets up our future

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Losing both for assets >>>>>>>>>> losing either one of them for nothing.  I’ll be fine if we trade both for a return that sets up our future

I agree, but they'd be looking at a decade, at least, of bottom feeding.  I don't want that 

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm genuinely concerned we will focus a Calgary-FLA like package. Two ready now in their prime pieces :unsure:

JBs' cap mismanagements, has currently cost the team: JM, TT and Tanev in the past and it is looking like, one or two of the potential FA's will be added to the list.  But OEL, Myers (1 more year), Pearson & etc will be here to continue the current program of being one the best team in NHL Purgatory 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but they'd be looking at a decade, at least, of bottom feeding.  I don't want that 

Yeah, it’s a lot of offence to make up for in the short term (a third of our top 6), even if the return improves our defence.  

29 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Toffoli

Markstrom

Tanev

Edler

All walked for free under previous management as well. This franchise didn't get A SINGLE ASSET back from those 4 leaving in FA. Let that sink in too. 

Even worse they traded for toffoli as a rental gave up picks prospects lol

A dim jim Benning classic. 

this situation reminds me a bit of Tanevs. 
left him hanging while they tried to get a new shinny toy then when it fell apart made him an offer He laughed and went elsewhere.and rightfully so.  in the end Dim Jim and Francesco  got there over priced future Anchor/buyout Dman at a hefty price and he less effective than the guy they let walk. 

Horvat will be traded I don’t think he wants to be here anymore not after last summer,well that and the fact he’s wasted his career playing with trash linemates on a crap go nowhere team that still seems to have zero direction or plan. 

So rumours that horvat rejected the last contract offer last week. 

boeser rumored to have asked to be traded 

rathbone also rumored to ask to be traded after he sat for 6 weeks before they sent him down. 

No longer trading from a position of strength other gms are going to be lowballing this club and we will end up with next to nothing 

Last years TDL was the time to make this club better they missed there chance like usual with Francesco here

now it’s time to take whatever we can, so pathetic.  

C34B0D5D-FAAD-4E9B-BC99-0DB2CAE4A5F3.jpeg.584c61013b5991a98da745cd7b0fa6a7.jpegThe team will never have success until the Francesco is gone. 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

For sure, but teams won't and don't like the length. It completely depends if Miller paces last years total, if he doesn't then it doesn't look nearly as good and it definitely won't look as good when he's 35 and puts up half the points. He's on pace to drop by over 20 points this season...like I said nobody has a problem with his hit at 99 points....but once he's 5 years older and he's only scoring 50 points or less it won't be palatable. Statistically it's very likely his production falls off in the next few years.

Signing players to a large,  long term contract extension after a career best year is a dangerous game not the faint of heart lol and just doesn't work out just as often as it does. Yes he still has value, but this contact didn't improve it. 

Guys (and teams/GM's) sign these sort of deals EVERY year though. Look at just Huberdeau and Gaudreau this summer. As much as I'd like us to move off Miller, win now teams very much understand that the back half of those deals aren't going to be great. But given they're outside of their contention window, they don't really care. In fact, by comparison, Miller's actually signed to a good, below market value deal. As I stated.

Do you think teams like CAL, WAS, PIT, NYI etc actually care that the last 3'ish years are going to be poor value? 

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yeah, it’s a lot of offence to make up for in the short term (a third of our top 6), even if the return improves our defence.  

As I've said before, they could absorb losing Miller, but losing Horvat will be a massive hit 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, combover said:

left him hanging while they tried to get a new shinny toy then when it fell apart made him an offer He laughed and went elsewhere.and rightfully so.  in the end Dim Jim and Francesco  got there over priced future Anchor/buyout Dman at a hefty price and he less effective than the guy they let walk. 

Horvat will be traded I don’t think he wants to be here anymore not after last summer,well that and the fact he’s wasted his career playing with trash linemates on a crap go nowhere team that still seems to zero direction or plan. 

rathbone also rumored to ask to be traded after he sat for 6 weeks before they sent him down. 

No longer trading from a position of strength other gms are going to be lowballing this club and we will end up with next to nothing 

Last years TDL was the time to make this club better they missed there chance like usual with Francesco here

now it’s time to take whatever we can do pathetic.  

C34B0D5D-FAAD-4E9B-BC99-0DB2CAE4A5F3.jpeg.584c61013b5991a98da745cd7b0fa6a7.jpegThe team will never have success until the Francesco is gone. 

Truly. This guy is a megalomaniac. I thought that the Aquilini family was going to put someone else in his place instead. I guess not. This season is hopefully going to continue to plummet so that meaningful changes to the team can actually occur. However with the people who own the team making the decisions they have, this could just be more of the same. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's almost no point in retaining Miller if Bo goes. Sell both.

If anything, it hastens our drop and (hopeful) rise. Still doesn't need to equate to a complete tear down (though does probably make it more probable if this FO doesn't start making smarter moves over the next 2 years).

Rip the band aid off.

I love it, both. Let the babies cry!

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's almost no point in retaining Miller if Bo goes. Sell both.

If anything, it hastens our drop and (hopeful) rise. Still doesn't need to equate to a complete tear down (though does probably make it more probable if this FO doesn't start making smarter moves over the next 2 years).

Rip the band aid off.

One can only hope. It makes the most sense. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, combover said:

Horvat will be traded I don’t think he wants to be here anymore not after last summer,well that and the fact he’s wasted his career playing with trash linemates on a crap go nowhere team that still seems to have zero direction or plan. 

now it’s time to take whatever we can, so pathetic.  

This franchise is the joke of the league. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One can only hope. It makes the most sense. 

Which means it won’t happen. Common sense is out the window with this management team. I have zero confidence in their ability to do the right thing. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, cocanuck said:

Perhaps that would be best for a rebuild however,, petey is up in two years.  Will he want to stay?  

That’s the million dollar question isn’t it. 

I hope he does. But management needs to prove it to him. Or else it’ll be a total and complete rebuild and tear down because nobody wants to be here.