The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

7m is is doubling down on something bad with this player. 

Not even remotely true. Think at this point your just doubling down based on how much you s*** on Bo to prop Miller up all summer. Absolutely bizarre. Both are great players for this team or any team period. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

well if the new management starts off with a lowball offer using RNH as a comparable and ask him to take a paycut as rumored.. that's a pretty big slap to the face. not only do you not offer him what he's making now.. you offer him even less for his prime years. i dunno how you would feel if you are negotiating a contract and your boss tells you, you have done a great job so far and we would like to keep you in vancouver. so here's an offer for less than what you make.. it's almost borderline what garland mikheyev is making lol.. so is that a joke? i dunno if you go into a negotiation with a player that have for whatever it's worth earned what he made in his last contract + some and offer him less than what he makes before. so horvat is only worth 60% of a miller?and only 10% more than a garland or mikheyev?

That's all this is.

I'd look towards teams like DET or ANA for a player like Garland. A winger not too old that's signed and can help grow with their young forward group.

They have some credible RD prospects. DET already set at RD with Seider/Hronek and ANA has Drysdale so almost every other young RD probably could be had.

ANA also has Shattenkirk who could be had as cap back and help us for the year if we wanted that sort of help. DET has 24 year old youngster Gustav Lidstrom on their 3rd pair RD if we wanted help now and moving forward.

Use the cap to re-sign Kuzzy

Move Boeser elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not even remotely true. Think at this point your just doubling down based on how much you s*** on Bo to prop Miller up all summer. Absolutely bizarre. Both are great players for this team or any team period. 

Yes, both Miller and Bo a very good for us.  But we need a top four right side D. Bo could return that important piece. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I'd look towards teams like DET or ANA for a player like Garland. A winger not too old that's signed and can help grow with their young forward group.

They have some credible RD prospects. DET already set at RD with Seider/Hronek and ANA has Drysdale so almost every other young RD probably could be had.

ANA also has Shattenkirk who could be had as cap back and help us for the year if we wanted that sort of help. DET has 24 year old youngster Gustav Lidstrom on their 3rd pair RD if we wanted help now and moving forward.

Move Boeser elsewhere. 

How much value does Brock have though?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yes, both Miller and Bo a very good for us.  But we need a top four right side D. Bo could return that important piece. 

I doubt that. Miller wasn't able to.

You gonna need cap and picks/prospects. Probably akin to the Marino trade. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I doubt that. Miller wasn't able to.

You gonna need cap and picks/prospects. Probably akin to the Marino trade. 

People keep acting like they know this. The facts we actually have is that the team prioritized extending him. We have no idea who/what might have been available via trade.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day..I hope we all agree that the defence is the down fall of this team really getting anywhere..demo and petey Hughes and Miller are most likely untouchables..the team has to give up good players to change that D core..aside from Hughes and Myers there a bunch of rag tag 5th 6 th d guys that cant score..horvat ..boeser garland give you the best chance to get the D changed.

• Huggy Bear 1

42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Many , like myself have been calling his leadership style and Captaincy out for more than 1 season.

This isn’t new,.   But enough to prove he dosent get better than this.…. 
He is not an 8 or 7 m player,  he is barely a 6m player .

Non physical,   Non vocal ,  should have been a beam of light last nigh especially.

The stat that blew me away the most from last night was that Petey had 3 hits and BO only had 1. That’s like Henrik Sedin having more hits than Ryan Kesler. That kinda tells you everything you need to know about which player was more engaged in the game. 

If a scrawny Swedish player who is 180lbs soaking wet is outhitting a 215lb bull like BO then you know something isn’t right. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Move Boeser elsewhere. 

I wonder if Garland for Carlo was really a possibility at one point. In hindsight with Kuz and Mikheyev signings it could have really helped us. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

People keep acting like they know this. The facts we actually have is that the team prioritized extending him. We have no idea who/what might have been available via trade.

They were shopping Miller 100% and if they got a good enough deal he’d have been moved. Same will happen with Bo. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

If a top 4 RD that fits what we want now and moving forward, that was also a fair value deal, was made available for Miller I figure he'd be gone. Just would seem not smart to pass that up given how strongly they've wanted to address the D to this point. The only thing we heard was a rumoured package that included Lundqvist. So I assume that no RD-type offer was ever made and I don't think we're gonna get that same sort of potential offer for a bit of a lesser player in Horvat. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They were shopping Miller 100% and if they got a good enough deal he’d have been moved. Same will happen with Bo. 

They took Miller off the market last TDL as they prioritized extending him. Would they have taken a massive overpayment? Sure. People acting like they know what the potential returns were though....:picard:

Just now, aGENT said:

They took Miller off the market last TDL as they prioritized extending him. Would they have taken a massive overpayment? Sure. People acting like they know what the potential returns were though....:picard:

You have no idea what they prioritized or when he was taken off the market. If a trade offer was good enough he’d be elsewhere. Clearly the trade offers weren’t moving the needle much/as much as they wanted so keeping him was more valuable. 

The same thing will happen with Bo and a dozen or so other high end FA this year.