The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder if it was 7x7?

7x7 is a respectable offer. Definitely not enough to get it done given the start Bo has had but it’s not insulting. I actually think if they went 8x6.875 for a total of 55 they might get it done. 

If they want to change the make of this team including having a new Captain leader now is the time to do it!! We either make the changes trading BO or we sign him for the long haul and continue what we have been dealing with in the last 5-6yrs of crappy hockey in Vancouver!! 

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

43 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Dhalliwal pulls his rumours off of these boards and others.

he is not an insider, has he ever played, coached, been involved in yute hockey, a player agent?

stop clicking on his "RUMOURS" and it will save everyone alot of useless banter.

no one knows.... what bo knows:bigblush:

Supposedly according to some “in the know” here, Lalji would put his job at TSN in jeopardy by falsifying rumours. I think Lalji is, has been,  and always will be full of shit. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

If they want to change the make of this team including having a new Captain leader now is the time to do it!! We either make the changes trading BO or we sign him for the long haul and continue what we have been dealing with in the last 5-6yrs of crappy hockey in Vancouver!! 

the problem is the team needs a shake up for sure.. but bo is not the guy u want to trade for this shake up.. he's too valuable to the team and too hard to replace. .trading bo and getting a new captain won't turn this team into a contender... i've said it all summer trading miller allows us to retool.. trading bo will force us to rebuild i still stand by that.. as it's far easier to replace 99 points than it is to replace one of the top faceoff centerman in the league.. heck kuz is pretty much already replacing miller's production from last season.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

What do you think is going to happen when Bo leaves?  Who takes up that role of a top faceoff guy?  And he's not tops on the team, he's an elite level f/o in the league, the world.........who's going to take up that task in Vancouver after he's gone?

Horvat is one of three reasons why this team has even been close to a playoff team.  When he's gone, they're in big trouble

ya i think too much focus last season is who's gonna replace miller's point etc etc etc.. i mean look at it this way.. the player you bring in is going to replace a good portion of it let's just say 60-70 points in a top line setting.. that just leaves the rest of the team 11 other forwards to chip in with like 3 extra points per person.. not that unreasonable.. meanwhile faceoff.. bo is on pace for 1700-1800 faceoff a season.. let say u replace it with a 1000 faceoff guy.. ok.. so where does the other 700-800 go? the other center? so that means putting out say EP in more defensive draws when we want him in the offensive zone more? or starting the 4th line center more than what we want him to start? having bo reliably out there for all situational faceoff have a cascading effect on the rest of the lines

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

What do you think is going to happen when Bo leaves?  Who takes up that role of a top faceoff guy?  And he's not tops on the team, he's an elite level f/o in the league, the world.........who's going to take up that task in Vancouver after he's gone?

Horvat is one of three reasons why this team has even been close to a playoff team.  When he's gone, they're in big trouble

But they’ve been in big trouble now for years… you enjoy them being close to making the playoffs?

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

If we trade Bo, it needs to be a full rebuild.  Moving him this year for futures could very well cause us to bottom out enough to get one of the top 3 picks in the draft.  You don't trade a guy like that and expect to be better over the short term.  Personally, I'd rather a full rebuild than continue with what's been happening over the last decade.

Agreed.  But if we do move Bo, which I seriously doubt because our owner just will not allow that to happen, it will not be for futures.  Our owner will not allow that either.  If he will approve futures for Bo JR would need to show that those futures were going to quickly be used to bring in guys to help right now.  I sure want to be way wrong with my thinking on our owner, but history shows otherwise. 

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

I dont know if i agree with 'big' trouble depending on the return but it will very likely suck quite bad to lose him.

You know I love having 3 centres that can play in the top3. 

My reason is I believed that faceoffs lead obviously to possession and more time with the puck gives you control of the outcome. However, I cant remember which poster mentioned to me, apparently there are stats that show face off wins dont lead to game wins. Something to do with the parity of the players FO% etc..

Edited by bishopshodan

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Then I don’t see why they ain’t willing to offer the 8th year considering he’s like 2 years younger than miller. And the cap likely be over 100mil in 8 years 

No idea.

But then again, I have no idea why they didn't just trade Miller this past spring either. 

The TDL can't come soon enough. At least we'll start getting some clarity on what is happening with the team and whether I should be sharpening my pitchfork.

mr-bean-checking-time.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

His wife, two very young children, and dog?  

Bo makes his heart me here.  He’s foolish if he put a couple million (out of close to 60 total) ahead of his family.  

His wife is also from Ontario.  Entirely possible she would be more than happy back East and closer to family for help raising the kids.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If we trade Bo, it needs to be a full rebuild.  Moving him this year for futures could very well cause us to bottom out enough to get one of the top 3 picks in the draft.  You don't trade a guy like that and expect to be better over the short term.  Personally, I'd rather a full rebuild than continue with what's been happening over the last decade.

Not me, I think there's a good enough core in there to get past this spot, but they'd have to make the right moves around that core.  I think they can be a regular playoff team with room to grow.  before he was fired JB has a 2-3 timeline to get to that point and JR even agreed.  I still think that's a realistic timeline........if they keep Bo and move Miller.

This so called full rebuild will another decade of bottom feeding and will most likely see Petey gone and almost surely Demko.  I don't want that, I want to see what Petey, Bo and Demko can do in Van, not somewhere else.