The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

10 hours ago, Provost said:

Lets see:

Horvat for Ekblad straight up?  Test the theory that a top 4 RHD can make a big difference to the roster?  His deal isn't so long that you can't move him for decent assets in return if the team is terrible next season as well.

If Ekblad is on the table, I'll drive Bo to the airport myself. 

Hughes - Ekblad

OEL - Bear

Dermott - Schenn

He's exactly the dman we've needed since forever.  Even Tampa thought of trading Hedman before he really put it all together in his late 20's and won 2 cups.  Now it seems crazy they ever thought of trading him.  

• Like 2

Do something weird and wild. Bo to Philly for always injuried but selke calibre couturier + their 1stB)

Then give Miller away to Nashville. Boeser to Dallas and Garland to wpg.

I'm going to assume we continue to ignore futures and try to get flames like returns for everyone lol. Might as well swing for a massive risk vs reward outcome if that's the case considering Sean seems injury prone AF now but meh I want two lottery picks :P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grandmaster said:

The market here and some of the so called “fans” here are a joke. 

Too many ”what have you done for me lately” crowd. Once a player here struggles, doesn’t matter what they did last year, they become utter garbage. Truly is pathetic. 

Was thinking about this yesterday. Every player is only as good as their last game or two. It's odd. Lots of players around the NHL have off seasons, or up and down times. Look at what Karlsson is doing this season in SJ.

• Cheers 1

Rutherford and Allvin need to put their own stamp on this team. This is still Jim Benning's team. A year in, they have not made a significant move that would redefine who this team is and it's overall structure.

As long as the return is really strong, I'd move either Horvat, Boeser or Miller, one of them I think needs to be moved. Of the 3, I'd personally rather move Miller, I think he opens up the necessary cap space for us to do what's necessary around Horvat and in another year, do the extension that's going to be necessary for Pettersson.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's been an interesting player. Nice guy too on After Hours but it's not like he's helping us do anything but finish just outside the playoffs. Bear is also a UFA anyway so who even knows if we can or want to re-sign him.

Yet another brain dead move by this group.

Stillman for a second, and a couple of bucks to sign Bear. :sick: Absolutely horrific.

It's fugly. But considering the Canucks almost complete inability to draft and develop D, I'm over it. Bear is decent, youngish, right side, some upside, wants to be here, wants to be a Canuck. I will take it. 

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Rutherford and Allvin need to put their own stamp on this team. This is still Jim Benning's team. A year in, they have not made a significant move that would redefine who this team is and it's overall structure.

Exactly what I have been saying. On top of being Benning's core minus a rebuilt fourth line (big whoop) and support players..... the management team has also made Benning-ish moves by trading picks and prospects and signing guys to term and money instead of moving them for assets.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Lets say this happen. Would u do:

to FLA

Hughes

to VAN

Lundell 

Lundell takes 2C vacancy w/ Miller and Lysell on his wing.  Or Podz or Hoagie.

Then u try to trade for or sign a UFA LD (Meyers MUST be moved after his signing bonus) like Graves, Orlov, etc. (open to ideas).

Your top 4 D

xxx Carlo

OEL Bear

OEL assumes PP1 Bear PP2. 

Canucks lose Bo and Hughes but gain their 2C and the defence becomes a bit more balanced.  OEL is good enough to still be an effective PP1 player.

And if they get say Trotz or someone a bit more defensively minded……

I like Lundell. He'd could develop into a great two way centerman to play behind Petey.

But I would not trade Hughes for him.

If they are willing to take Miller, I'd do that. Florida is in a win now mode aren't they? Well, Miller is your win now player.

I'm not quite sold on Carlo but I'll admit that I barely watch the Bruins play. He's big but is he actually good? If he's actually good, why is he playing 3rd pairing minutes in Boston? 

6 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Lets say this happen. Would u do:

to FLA

Hughes

to VAN

Lundell 

Lundell takes 2C vacancy w/ Miller and Lysell on his wing.  Or Podz or Hoagie.

Then u try to trade for or sign a UFA LD (Meyers MUST be moved after his signing bonus) like Graves, Orlov, etc. (open to ideas).

Your top 4 D

xxx Carlo

OEL Bear

OEL assumes PP1 Bear PP2. 

Canucks lose Bo and Hughes but gain their 2C and the defence becomes a bit more balanced.  OEL is good enough to still be an effective PP1 player.

And if they get say Trotz or someone a bit more defensively minded……

I would prefer something around Noah Dobson for Hughes. Islanders need scoring, we need a stud right side D. Then keep Rathbone to help push the offence from the back end. 

11 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Listened to 650 just now and they discussed how our ownership is reluctant to let go any of its big stars. They wouldn’t be surprised if Bo stays. 

I guess we will see how much ownership has influence over this sign or trade decision. 

Yep it’s gonna come down to either re-signing Bo or taking an offer that keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Ownership will not allow a rebuild so any trade involving picks and prospects is a no go. They’ll need to get back a marketable young center or D man or another impact player around Bo’s age plain and simple.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep it’s gonna come down to either re-signing Bo or taking an offer that keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Ownership will not allow a rebuild so any trade involving picks and prospects is a no go. They’ll need to get back a marketable young center or D man or another impact player around Bo’s age plain and simple.

That would be insane and signify that this team may never make the playoffs until FA is gone. The ironic thing is that a "re-build" of sorts will occur organically due to the imbalanced make up of this team...and Mgmt could speed that process up by trading older players for assets/cap space. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Listened to 650 just now and they discussed how our ownership is reluctant to let go any of its big stars. They wouldn’t be surprised if Bo stays. 

I guess we will see how much ownership has influence over this sign or trade decision. 

Ownership probably know trading your 27 year old captain center signals a rebuild and they will try and avoid it at all costs. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ownership probably know trading your 27 year old captain center signals a rebuild and they will try and avoid it at all costs. 

It 100% does because it means they’d likely have to go without a captain for at least a couple years.

Teams without captains are usually the ones going through a major transformation. That’s not marketable for Aquaman.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

To Aquilini is what we are going through now and have been for a decade actually worse for Aquilini though?  

His team dropped from like 7th most valuable to 13th and no sign of stopping.

Sure he’s still making a lot of money but if he had started a rebuild like 9 years ago the team probably would have held its value much better.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

What we're going through right now is worse than a rebuild though. It's insane.

I agree I find myself less and less interested in Canuck games, that's scary. The on ice product is boring most nights and I have no favorite player anymore and that is saying something. I have a jersey that I have had for a couple of years and I don't know what number to put on it. 

It just feels like we are stuck in neutral with no map to follow.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1