The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 hours ago, Screw said:

You realize the other half of that is supply and demand.  One team will get a coveted 27 year old centre and the others get squat.  

If you’re team A and say “hell, I’ll just wait and sign this guy in July you very likely will be left holding your D*** in your hands.

Whoever bids highest wins and it’s as simple as that.   What will that be?  Who knows.   My bet is that Horvat never sees UFA and extends with the team that makes the deal for him.

Tell me more about in JT Miller 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Only piece they have is Lundell.

Doubt they part with him.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Miller for Reinhart and they retain enough cap to balance the cap hits for the remainder of the season, or we retain on the remainder of this season and they make it worth our while 

He's not a center but he can moonlight as one for them until they're healthy and then slot back to the wing

Reinhart can be flipped again, extended, or allowed to walk as his deal is up after next season 

lets just hope FLA is motivated to go after any of the other trade targets/creates a better demand for VAN

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

How about this out of left field?  With Adam Foote working in Vancouver having his kid around who happens to be an RHD in Tampa, this could be the trade that happens.

Roster player: Anthony Cirelli
Underperforming Prospect under 25: Cal Foote
Pick: 1st or 2nd

100% the jimmy ruthernucks may something like this over a better deal to appease the masses get a young C/LW under long term contract to replace Horvat and that RHD everyone screams about in Cal Foote which gives his daddy control over his development.

It gets a deal done.  Checks all the boxes that Rutherford stated he was going to achieve and gets that issue out of the news.

Trash deal as you say in a later post but I am preparing myself to be underwhelmed. Cirelli is a decent roster player but Cal Foote has done nothing but disappoint thus far in his career. I'd expect 2x1st round picks if those were the players coming our way. These will be close to 2nd rounders after all is said and done.

You went on to talk about leverage... The Canucks have some as well - Bo is the best player available this TDL. Yes a team can theoretically wait to sign Bo on July 1st but the team that trades for him gets first dibs. Further to that point, the team that trades for him also gets him for a playoff run. Teams will pay for the opportunity to be the first to offer Bo a long term deal and to have him for a playoff run. There will be 15 teams trying to sign Bo on July 1 IF he gets there.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

How about this out of left field?  With Adam Foote working in Vancouver having his kid around who happens to be an RHD in Tampa, this could be the trade that happens.

Roster player: Anthony Cirelli
Underperforming Prospect under 25: Cal Foote
Pick: 1st or 2nd

100% the jimmy ruthernucks may something like this over a better deal to appease the masses get a young C/LW under long term contract to replace Horvat and that RHD everyone screams about in Cal Foote which gives his daddy control over his development.

It gets a deal done.  Checks all the boxes that Rutherford stated he was going to achieve and gets that issue out of the news.

I doubt Tampa wants to move Cirelli. He’s their best defensive player, top 5 in Selke voting, and takes all of the hard matchups. They don’t need Horvat. They have no problems scoring goals. They would value Cirelli’s defensive game and penalty killing over Horvat’s goals. 

Plus they just extended him for 8 years. He’s part of their future. 

• There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I doubt Tampa wants to move Cirelli. He’s their best defensive player, top 5 in Selke voting, and takes all of the hard matchups. They don’t need Horvat. They have no problems scoring goals. They would value Cirelli’s defensive game and penalty killing over Horvat’s goals. 

Schenn for Foote?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yup.  Bo, if he is traded (which I doubt) will be going to the Canes for JK + 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Bo, if he is traded (which I doubt) will be going to the Canes for JK + 

I don’t think Carolina is in the mix anymore. They would have to add substantially to KK. And I wouldn’t want KK’s contract anyways. 

Having said that, KK could be a player that Tocchet likes. So it may be a possibility if Carolina wants to add Morrow and a 2023 1st. 

• There it is 1

11 hours ago, Plaguez said:

This exactly, I was born and raised in BC and I despise Vancouver.  Vancouver isn't as great as people on this board think it is.

I mean, I'm not saying I despise Vancouver lol. I love it here, and I was born and raised here as well. 

I'm just saying that not everyone will or can sign here just because they're from BC. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think Carolina is in the mix anymore. They would have to add substantially to KK. And I wouldn’t want KK’s contract anyways. 

Having said that, KK could be a player that Tocchet likes. So it may be a possibility if Carolina wants to add Morrow and a 2023 1st. 

I like Morrow. Good RHD prospect, trending (apparently) in the right direction. He'd be an auto fit with Hughes for long term. Question is if he can play defense. If it's two offensive defensemen who don't play defense very well, then no, that's probably not a good fit moving forward. 

I think a 1st would have to come back in any deal, but Rutherford says they're not wanting any draft picks coming back. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo, if he is traded (which I doubt) will be going to the Canes for JK + 

I mean, they have to trade him, or else they risk losing him for nothing come the off-season. That's far worse

29 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I like Morrow. Good RHD prospect, trending (apparently) in the right direction. He'd be an auto fit with Hughes for long term. Question is if he can play defense. If it's two offensive defensemen who don't play defense very well, then no, that's probably not a good fit moving forward. 

I think a 1st would have to come back in any deal, but Rutherford says they're not wanting any draft picks coming back. 

The other issue is that Morrow is American and hasn’t signed a contract yet. So would he sign to play in Vancouver or just ride it out 2 more years and go play wherever he wants? 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I do not like Boston as a trade partner anymore

Lysell - Talented, but an undersized winger we already have enough of those. Also his world junior performance really wasn’t impressive, looked bad out there and showed out with 0 points.

Carlo - Concussion problems. Huge risk.

Lysell = Hoglanderish

Carlo = rough and tumble but has 5 concussions so he should be off the list... unless he's a cap dump.

Frederic would be nice but he's not the player they want to lose going into the playoffs.

Edited by coryberg

16 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Lysell = Hoglanderish

Carlo = rough and tumble but has 5 concussions so he should be off the list... unless he's a cap dump.

Frederic would be nice but he's not the player they want to lose going into the playoffs.

Ya Frederic would be a nice add on, but they really don’t have a main piece that I like.

Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if Allvin loves Lysell and take a deal around this. Swedish, undersized, winger. Sounds like something the Canucks would be all over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Tkachuk never gives up while Miller at times just stops playing.  Maurice told Zito he'd have them play hard despite the projected adversity.    

During the divisional season Sat Shah said he had players telling him how Miller was the one trying to keep them upbeat and keep things going in the right direction.  This season it seems like so much went the wrong way with management not trusting Boudreau.  They extended Miller for a reason and wouldn't expect them to want to move on just yet especially now that they've brought in a coach they trust.  

The plan doesn't seem to have really changed either despite Rutherford now talking of major surgery, but it sounds like they are done with the patient waiting for contracts to expire and could force buyouts instead + looks like Horvat will be traded.

I'd admittedly be surprised if management shipped him out but I'm hoping. I don't expect the Canucks will amount to much while he's still anywhere close to being worth 8M though, I also question how he'll age as forwards tend to drop off during their early to mid 30's and we get him til he's 37. If folks think he's not great defensively now just wait til he inevitably starts slowing down. 

I don't think Rutherford has the spine to make a trade that makes him look foolish, man has too big an ego. But I'm hoping. 

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

lets just hope FLA is motivated to go after any of the other trade targets/creates a better demand for VAN

I mean, I'd take that too. I think they'll do something I just don't know what, I can't see them wanting to hand Montreal a lottery pick.