The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What’s really bugged me is.

Horvat not sticking up for Podz.

petey effort chasing last game with the empty net.

boeser making joking about garlands hustle to score that empty net goal early.

no coaching change early when it was clear that was the change needed if we wanted hope in saving the season.

leader of the team turning his back on our newest player getting roughed up boiled my blood. I know captains lead differently, but he did nothing and turned his back. And Horvat has fought and gotten rough here and there thst was a time to show some emotion and just get in there at least and show you care a little.

boeser playing like dog crap trolling one of the hardest working guys on the team

securing a win for the team. If we were winning and he was firing sure woulda been funny. Now it’s a bad look IMO.

especially after seeing Petey crappy effort in catching up to domi. If that was Garland he woulda emptied the tank in pursuit just like he did to score an empty net.

team is looking heartless.

team has zero confidence right now and is mentally defeated.

even when they play a solid game in greens eyes we still lose. How can anyone be confident with that result? 

you lose when you play the coaches game and you lose when you stray. And we lose with elite goal tending as well..

it’s not good 

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

We haven’t been doing all the little things, we traded all the little things away

Yea but half this board was saying how tanev was too old and poolman was better. 

If this team half the heart of stetch, tanev, edler, mack, beagle, roussel we would be in good shape.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There is not a coach on planet earth that could turn this team into above .500 team.

Need to rebuild bottom 6 and the D

Just not enough talent or depth on this team.

Once upon a time in Vancouver...

Jim Benning: "We have Chris Tanev, Alex Edler, Quinn Hughes, Tyler Myers, Troy Stecher, Oscar Fanteburg, and Jordine Benn on back end that are tight and play well for each other. But I want to upgrade this defence. How?"

Las Vegas: "Hey we are gonna sign Pietrangelo so we are gonna dump Schmidt for a 3rd. You in?"

John Weisbrod salivates and says, "Jim, we need puck mover like Schmidt to win in this league. Don't re-sign Tanev, Stecher, and Fatenberg, they are not the type of player you win championship with these days."

Arizona: "Hey OEL wants out of Arizona and we need to dump his cap badly. You in?"

John Weisbrod salivates and says, "Jim, we need puck mover like OEL to win in this league. Don't re-sign Edler, he's old and not the type of player you win championship with these days."

Good job JB. You now have bunch of puck movers on the back end but no one who knows how to defend and kill penalties.

There is no way this team can defend a 2-1 lead and that's what happened tonight.

At this point, I would fire Jim Benning and John Weisbrod before Travis Green.

Those two are the biggest idiots I have ever seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Did Horvat play this game? I don’t remember seeing him. Chiasson I unfortunately saw playing , but I don’t recall seeing #53Horvat.

Really? Bo had a lot of push back all game. Someone lit a fire under him.

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

What messed with this group was last offseason losing Tanev especially. With him in the lineup we get this to over time.  So the question is were Bennings hand tied that off-season from owners or was it his fault. 

JB could have simply signed Toffoli and Tanev and Edler.  They could all be on the team right now.  Chose to go with Dickinson2.5 and Holtby4.3 Virtanen2.8 Pearson3.25 Poolman2.5 and then Halak(3with bonuses).

Big mistake that gutted the team. Massive mistake.

Killed the room. killed the team.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, VforVasili said:

I am at the game with club seats on Wednesday (in Ottawa)! There better damn well be a resurgence!!

You could get a fire Benning sign in there no problem. 

#fireFrancesco would be a better message. 

maybe bring three

#firegreen 

like flash cards 

• Cheers 1

Tired of watching a soft team. I really miss have the likes of Bieksa. This team does not hit and plays way too soft. Fun to play against I'm sure, I hope the Ottawa game will be fun as it's the only occasion I get to watch the team live this year. Do we have any big guys to call up?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Did Horvat play this game? I don’t remember seeing him. Chiasson I unfortunately saw playing , but I don’t recall seeing #53Horvat.

He was decent on the draw and got into the game but like the rest of the team disappeared in the 3rd