The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, GB5 said:

In defense of OEL, that play along with rations multiple slewfoots happened all game without being called.

The Bruin player saw the hit coming and turned his back and was dinged up. That should not be a call imo.

All in all I blame the refs for being gutless and inconsistent.

The refs are bought and paid in this scumbag league under the shyster Bettman. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

21 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Love the word play ……. but that LaForge team was overmatched and were getting absolutely blitzed regularly. I think they had been out scored by 55 goals or something like that in the 20 games. 

I’m observing, with absolute fascination, an almost historical (for this franchise) run of games which, with a slight twist of luck, could have gone our way. Several of those types of games in fact. This does not discount what is now becoming a quite obvious truth that the foundations of this team are faulty and fail to prop up the organizational structure. Something is clearly missing or working at cross purposes.

But, taken as individual games, in that context only, without impact on divisional standings, it remains, in my mind, an incredible/ unbelievable streak of ineptitude when you would expect the law of averages to correct the outcomes somewhat. I’ve witnessed these streaks before and seen them broken in timely and sometimes unexpected ways. 

They have to win again sometime. Right?

I can't buy that. Losing close games on the scoreboard is just another form of ineptitude. I knew they were going to lose tonight. A thin lead after 40 minutes means nothing. It just meant the Bruins had to work a little harder and nastier to break them down. It was as inevitable tonight as a blowout in 1984. When one guy can lean on you and break you, it's similarly pathetic. 

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Yea but half this board was saying how tanev was too old and poolman was better. 

If this team half the heart of stetch, tanev, edler, mack, beagle, roussel we would be in good shape.  

Remember when the blame was on the vets like Beagle, Roussel etc.? :lol: 

This issue showed its ugly head last year but nobody wanted to believe our beloved young core had anything to do with it. 

Or remember when TG was a good Coach? How times have changed in such a short period of time.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Just waiting for a firing. 

This team is garbage. 

Can't win scoring first. Can't win with a third period lead

Cant kill a penalty when it's the game on the line 

I’ve been waiting since last season. Embarrassing that Bergevin got fired before anyone here. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Love the word play ……. but that LaForge team was overmatched and were getting absolutely blitzed regularly. I think they had been out scored by 55 goals or something like that in the 20 games. 

Matters little at this point whether that team was losing by greater margins.  A loss is still a loss. You don't get credit for 'moral victories'.  No cap back then either (and the Canucks owners then didn't spend money).

7 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Cursed by the ghosts of 2011. Exercise the curse , fire Benning , he is the key 

I look at your avatar and see our answer. Time to bring back the Professor in whatever capacity he’d be interested…President, GM or coach. He can take his pick.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, brownky said:

I’m starting to think this Green fellow might not be that good as a coach. Or perhaps a goodly chunk of his assistants. 

Mayhaps it is cause for occasion to request a replacement coach from the butler. 

Quite well put sir.

I too have come to the conclusion that the coaching of this particular group of hockey participants is unappealing. 

I wholeheartedly support said proposal of a replacement. Please have the butler make haste if you are so inclined to act on your marvellous suggestion.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Just waiting for a firing. 

This team is garbage. 

Can't win scoring first. Can't win with a third period lead

Cant kill a penalty when it's the game on the line 

The Canucks could have built up a 4-0 lead after 20 and still lost. It just means the Bruins would have had to push back harder and sooner ...the reassurance of playing against a very fragile team. That's where the Canucks are right now.