The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the most likely scenario.

But come on! Leaving things like this for this long is just creating so much toxicity.

Theres no reason Benning and Green can’t be fired and have someone step in as interim temporarily.

Gear can take over for a few weeks, nothing major has to happen trade-wise before Christmas or even the Olympics for that matter. 

Been watching regularly since the 90s, this is as ugly as it gets right now and all that can happen if no changes are made is guys will want out, if they don't already.

There's a lot for a new PHO and GM to work with here, we don't need to blow it up yet. But if Green is allowed to continue this disaster, and Jim makes a desperation move like moving a 1st again, oy, its going to be the lowest point ever imo. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, rainel said:

I am thoroughly disgusted in those fans who  were booing our Canucks at the end of the game!  Our guys worked very hard tonight. They always do. TOO BAD THEY HAD TO COME HOME TO BUNCH OF LAME  A** fans (if that is what you would call those beings)   Vancouver Canucks just keep on going, your true fans are still behind you, with respect!

I guess you believe in participation ribbons too. Look, everyone on cdc is a fan and wants the team to be successful. For some of us, it’s been many years of mediocrity interspersed with some good years. The team is dysfunctional. It’s not built to succeed, despite 8 years of trading picks and prospects to “win now”. Fans have the right to be pi**ed off. The owner interferes; there is no POHO; the GM hasn’t constructed a team that can defend; the coach just keeps juggling lines; the “star players” are underperforming. So, if I have to travel to Vancouver, pay for a hotel room, buy outrageously priced tickets and watch a game like that, that stupidity is on me, but booing makes perfect sense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, Benning could have made Markys contract high at the start and protected Demko.

If Seattle had taken Marky if so it wouldn’t have been Benning that turned Marky down. 
Strategic decisions that affect team morale. 

How high? 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the most likely scenario.

But come on! Leaving things like this for this long is just creating so much toxicity.

Theres no reason Benning and Green can’t be fired and have someone step in as interim temporarily.

I just look at what many are having to go thru with respect to the flooding in various parts of BC.  Makes our "problems" seem so insignificant by comparison.  

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, Benning could have made Markys contract high at the start and protected Demko.

If Seattle had taken Marky if so it wouldn’t have been Benning that turned Marky down. 
Strategic decisions that affect team morale. 

Marky wouldn't agree to that, he wanted expansion protection. 

• Vintage 4

32 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Miller, Garland and OEL are doing just fine as far as recent pro scouting goes.   This forum fell in love with Toffoli as well.  I don't know what going on with former great picks BB and EP...who the heck knows.    OEL replaced Edler, what we don't have is a LHD that can kill or penalties well behind him.   So when he's in the box .... ouch.   One thing that is becoming apparent is we aren't there yet.    Too bad.   Change will come.   This season is almost over, just like last one, before it began really.    Mistakes have mounted up that's for sure.   8 long years probably should have been 10, now instead 12... or maybe 18?  Guess we will find out soon enough.  32 team league.   Ugh.  

That is the problem with dismissing Jim Benning. So many great moves for this team. Very good draft picks, the obvious miscues aside. Miller OEL Garland all solid and really good players for us moving forward. Gudbranson  for Pearson was pretty savvy. Some good contracts (Huggy/Bo/Garland). I just feel the mantra has been focussed on having our elite draft picks carry the team moving forward and he has failed to surround them with quality leadership and hard-working/physical type players that can score. And of course as you said the left side and entire defence in general has been suspect for years. 
It’s time for change. It’s been long enough as is. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I just look at what many are having to go thru with respect to the flooding in various parts of BC.  Makes our "problems" seem so insignificant by comparison.  

Yes and I’m sure watching the Canucks would have been a nice escape for those people if the team wasn’t a dumpster fire.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

We can only afford 32 or so loses to be on a 90-100 point playoff pace. We have 17 of them already. 57 games to go, We can only lose 15 or so more games. Pretty much need 3/4 game win streaks with 1 lose in between from here on out. 

Now i love my team but are we going to do that? Not a chance at this rate lol. We need to get max value for some guys this deadline. Can't eff this one up or we will remain the same old canucks, Where we hang on to guys till they no longer have value

Aqua should be hiring a very well respected PoHo, That's who should be deciding all the other positions. Owner looking for a coach is a no go for me. This is all buffalo does and we are no better at this point 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Franco...............here are the reason's for penalties

#1.................Lazy players

#2.................bad refs

#3.................opposing teams superior Talent

#4.................Out sized

#5.................Stupid players

#6.................Bad coaching

Which excuse's are you going to use?

That tweet is fake. 

• Cheers 1

This has turned into a development year. We have to be honest about that. Otherwise we'll waste picks and prospects for unnecessary rentals to try to push for a playoff spot. I don't think we're going to make a miraculous extra long win streak. 

I like our playoff chances for next year.

- But we need a new coach. 

- Except for Motte, we have a weak bottom 6.

- We need a big capable defenseman. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This has turned into a development year. We have to be honest about that. Otherwise we'll waste picks and prospects for unnecessary rentals to try to push for a playoff spot. I don't think we're going to make a miraculous extra long win streak. 

Good points; but what is JB or the new GM, going to do to create cap ?   

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Need to convince someone to take Myers.

If he’s not considered a big capable defenseman why are we paying him $6 million a season…

• Vintage 1