The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

And Brock expects to get qualified at 7.5 next summer. At this rate he will be playing in Sweden for a couple hundred grand a year. No GM in their right mind would even give us a 2nd rounder for him right now. We are in big trouble if he doesn’t start filling the net to get us a decent return. Just another 1st rounder that doesn’t work out for us. That’s as sad as is gets when it comes to first round disappointments.

The years I spent crapping on the other Canadian teams. Humble pie, Humble pie. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

1 minute ago, -NucksFan said:

Poor Demko having to do After Hours after this game

For real, I feel for him

He gave us everything he had, he always does

All those WCE years we had no #1, now we've got a Vezina caliber guy and he has to go through this $&!# 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

The immediate need is new ownership. 

Nonis was fired for not making a stupid trade for Brad Richards and then missing the playoffs. Gillis survived a Cup run until things went south and, Gillis' own words, Torts was not his choice but was fired after that disaster season instead of rebuilding. Then Linden came in as Pres of Hockey Ops as lip service to the fans. This became apparent as he called for a rebuild as well but was forced out for JB and the Aquilini yes man crew continuation project.  

Fast forward to today where we are debatably nowhere but with a few good pieces, and people still want to blame Green or the Benning for the clear faults of ownership.  

This team is owned by clowns, and we're the ones suffering.   

ed: grammer

I can't afford to buy the team so I can't help you out there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

And Brock expects to get qualified at 7.5 next summer. At this rate he will be playing in Sweden for a couple hundred grand a year. No GM in their right mind would even give us a 2nd rounder for him right now. We are in big trouble if he doesn’t start filling the net to get us a decent return. Just another 1st rounder that doesn’t work out for us. That’s as sad as is gets when it comes to first round disappointments.

I think we need more heart, maybe trade Boeser back home for Marcus Foligno. Someone that’ll throw a hit or drop the mittens when the team falls flat. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Then I deal with my frustrations in other ways. Just not a booer, never have been. Not my style. 

All good.

If I were there, I’d be booing for sure. But it’s not my style to drop $100+ on watching a s****y team. So I guess we’re in the same boat, just for different reasons. ::D

Cheers! (Helps with the frustrations!)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I think we need more heart, maybe trade Boeser back home for Marcus Foligno. Someone that’ll throw a hit or drop the mittens when the team falls flat. 

Problem is BB is flirting with cap dump territory. Brutal. 

• Sad 1