The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think it would be a little more concerning if we tried a face to face approach expressing that same sort of frustration towards management/coaching and ownership.

"On the news today a man was reportedly booing the Canucks owner to his face and telling him he sucked."

Then I would deal with it another way, just not the booing kind of guy. Not my style. 

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I think he’s the one that needs to go unfortunately. 

And Brock expects to get qualified at 7.5 next summer. At this rate he will be playing in Sweden for a couple hundred grand a year. No GM in their right mind would even give us a 2nd rounder for him right now. We are in big trouble if he doesn’t start filling the net to get us a decent return. Just another 1st rounder that doesn’t work out for us. That’s as sad as is gets when it comes to first round disappointments.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Try a coach first obviously and if that fails trade the expiring guys who probably wouldn't stick around on a losing team.

I would exercise all options before trading expiring assets. 

I do have concerns about this roster makeup though and we're on the clock with some of these expiring contracts like Miller/Horvat in 2023.

The sooner we get a new coach, the sooner we can answer all the other questions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think you can blame fans after the lack of success in the last 8 years. We've been one of the worst teams in the league in that span.

Tbh I'm surprised we've been so patient while the team has been toiling at the bottom of the standings 6 out of 8 Benning years. Would have been 7 out of 8 if it wasn't for Covid shutdown in 2019.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Boeser expires after this season and unless he takes a pay cut, it’ll be hard to retain Podkolzin, Hoglander, etc in the near future. 

He does but he's an RFA. A decision will have to be made on him regardless though. We just don't run the risk of losing him for nothing like Horvat/Miller to UFA.

• Vintage 1