The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why are people ok with Benning staying on as GM? Soo many holes after 8 years. Loss after loss. No accountability. I don’t want him making any trades or hirings out of desperation.

Because he's good at drafting 

• Wat 3

Just now, -DLC- said:

So when you boo and throw jerseys, this guy, who plays lights out, gets subjected to it all.

Nope, not cool.  Demko deserves better.  

I get that there's frustration and dissatisfaction....but some of these guys don't deserve what the fans are doing.  

When Canucks finally hire an actual good GM, and that GM hires an actual good coach, and Demko gets to play some actual meaningful games, he can look back to the heroes of December 4, 2021…the ones who made change possible…

Be A Hero GIF by SomeGoodNews

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

The immediate need is new ownership. 

Nonis was fired for not making a stupid trade for Brad Richards and then missing the playoffs. Gillis survived a Cup run until things went south and, Gillis' own words, Torts was not his choice but was fired after that disaster season instead of rebuilding. Then Linden came in as Pres of Hockey Ops as lip service to the fans. This became apparent as he called for a rebuild as well but was forced out for JB and the Aquilini yes man crew continuation project.  

Fast forward to today where we are debatably nowhere but with a few good pieces, and people still want to blame Green or the Benning for the clear faults of ownership.  

This team is owned by clowns, and we're the ones suffering.   

ed: grammer

I hate that booing the team and throwing jerseys on the ice is the only way to get the attention of these morons.

The Aquilinis are ones who really deserve to face the heat, so of course they leave their players, coaches and management in the line of fire. Cowardly, but they've built their entire business careers on the backs of others, so who's actually surprised?

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So when you boo and throw jerseys, this guy, who plays lights out, gets subjected to it all.

Nope, not cool.  Demko deserves better.  

I get that there's frustration and dissatisfaction....but some of these guys don't deserve what the fans are doing.  

You're right, they don't, and it's not fair. 

But the reality is that people are paying money to go to these games, and even now those tickets aren't all cheap. 

Is it fair that the players have to experience it? No, but the fanbase only has so many avenues of getting their voices heard and this was inevitable. Fans can't exactly make an appointment with the Aquilini's or management to voice their complaints. 

This season is ugly, fans are fed up, management would have to have been pretty naïve to have not seen this coming. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

i was there and was drunk and enjoyed the chants , its time to fire some people, dont care who, just someone needs to go , prefer green over JB but both can go for all i care, this was suppose to be the season, but as it shows, we can only beat team who are equal or worse than us