The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 08, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Strawbone said:

I just ate a cold 4 hour old grilled cheese sandwich that one of my kids wouldn't eat for dinner. Only had a couple bites out of it. Nice room temp ketchup on the side.

It was sooooo good! Unexpectedly so, just like this game!

It was made with Cob's sourdough bread and Balderson cheddar cheese, buttered up and fried. Turns out, it... ummm... I dunno. I'm trying to make some kind of analogy or something hockey-related but I've had a few beers and am feeling very happy after eating that unexpectedly good fried cheesy bread sandwich that I rescued from the compost, plus watching a Canucks win that honestly would have seemed inconceivable a week ago! I hope everyone else is happy too because really we deserve it :wub:

You're making me hungry!!! 

Just now, Topcheeze86 said:

Solid win the boys have a new energy i love how jacked they get when they score now 

chiassons a bum we really need something in that spot hes a pylon 

if hamonics out this could be rathbones chance to shine 

I actually would love to see what BB would get out of Rathbone. 

If OEL and Hamonic are out, it’s a good time to take a look imo.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Solid win the boys have a new energy i love how jacked they get when they score now 

chiassons a bum we really need something in that spot hes a pylon 

if hamonics out this could be rathbones chance to shine 

Will Lockwood would excel here, especially on the PK. Anyone can stand in front on the PP!

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Team is still working out lots of details... you can see that by that comical line change which saw them outnumbered 5-3 for nearly 5 seconds.  :lol:

But overall, this team is much different...

-  I am seeing a lot more energy in the forecheck, everyone seems to be skating better and hitting the opposing blue line faster... the positioning to out man the opposition is better, with much improved chances to turnover the puck.

-  The PK is really starting to gel.  Of course they did give up that 5 on 3 goal, but you can't really fault them for that.  I see a lot more aggression, more willingness to challenge in the neutral zone and on the blue line.... no more free entry into the zone.  And the fact they are getting scoring chances on the PK tells you their aggression is paying off with the chance to turnover and take off.

-  PP continues to be better... they continue to change up their look, rotating players in and out of different positions... I am liking Boeser in the high slot... but he doesn't always position himself there, he moves around as do the rest of the two different units.  This is key, to succeed the opposing PK has to be off balance and unsure... that's the way you get open ice and lanes for passes.

-  5 on 5 also continues to be better... I thought there were lots of good chances and I thought the flow was good and interplay.

In my opinion the types of shots the team is getting now are far better quality, they are much closer to the goal, whereas previously under Green, most of the shots were coming from way back on the point.

Boeser seems to be back to his normal self... which is huge... he is shooting and passing like the guy who got everyone so excited back in 2018.  Miller is also playing well, and Horvat looks like the Captain of old.  :towel:

The only guy who is still having trouble breaking his snide is Pettersson... but the good news is he is trying hard, and getting good chances every game.  I believe he will break through soon.

Yeah. This team has turned over a new leaf. I don't know what Bruce has done, but he's making it look like Green was absolutely incompetent in his job when he was head coach here. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

7 points behind Nashville now for playoff spot.

adam-sandler-somebodys-closer.gif

Anything is possible if they continue to win. They still have to win at a torrid pace just to be in the playoff discussion. 

19 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I just ate a cold 4 hour old grilled cheese sandwich that one of my kids wouldn't eat for dinner. Only had a couple bites out of it. Nice room temp ketchup on the side.

It was sooooo good! Unexpectedly so, just like this game!

It was made with Cob's sourdough bread and Balderson cheddar cheese, buttered up and fried. Those ingredients were there all along, they'd just never had a real chef to turn those ingredients in to... ummm... I dunno. I'm trying to make some kind of analogy or something hockey-related but I've had a few beers and am feeling very happy after eating that unexpectedly good fried cheesy bread sandwich that I rescued from the compost, plus watching a Canucks win that honestly would have seemed inconceivable a week ago! I hope everyone else is happy too because really we deserve it :wub:

BED6F5F7-43F7-4213-A49B-055199FEFCDB.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

What a card to have

Isn't there another version of this card (perhaps a foil card?), or another card which buffs this one, giving it the ability to to reduce Trample damage to 0, and also stop Flying creatures? Or is that aspect covered under "...block any number of creatures"? It's been a while....

regards,  G.