The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bay and Blanshard (Victoria) - Hit & Run - Graphic Warning - Victim is ok

Dazzle

This is not my dash cam, but I am just passing this on, in the hopes that MAYBE someone here will know something.

The description is a gray Mini Countryman model.

Per Facebook - she is ok with no major injuries. But wow - what a scumbag.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 4
  • Huggy Bear 1

That driver is such a piece of $&!#. I pray that person makes a full recovery and they catch the driver. 

I will say tho its always bothered me that people wear headphones when crossing the street and don't look. I'm not saying the person in this video did anything wrong but I'm always looking and alert when crossing the street. I think its due to a kid I went to highschool with got hit by a car when crossing the street, had headphones in and was on his phone. He was never the same and had life altering injuries. 

Edited by Outsiders
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Absolute reckless endangerment.  Windows not cleared, passing on the wrong side of the road to go through a red light!

My God, plaster this person's face all over the news when caught.  What an embarrassment to society.  This is the ultimate scum of the earth stuff.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Bloody terrible that.  I drive by there a lot when I come into town.  Hate to say it but there may not be that big a dent where he hit her, which is how I'd expect to identify that vehicle.  Looked like snow was covering the plates. 

One good thing there are only so many Mini Cooper vehicles and downtown busy traffic intersections have cameras ? Least in BC licence plates on front and back of vehicle..Alberta only on back of vehicle..

• Like 1

Was there a red light camera at that stop? Maybe the licence plate in front was readable. Sad thing is, they'll suspend his/her licence for 6 months, maximum 12 months.

And this idiot will keep on driving. They should make both psychological counselling/therapy and remedial training for drivers like this. The worst thing is drivers like this don't

ever change. Worse they will just move to another province to keep dangerous driving. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Was there a red light camera at that stop? Maybe the licence plate in front was readable. Sad thing is, they'll suspend his/her licence for 6 months, maximum 12 months.

And this idiot will keep on driving. They should make both psychological counselling/therapy and remedial training for drivers like this. The worst thing is drivers like this don't

ever change. Worse they will just move to another province to keep dangerous driving. 

my wife and I have started shoulder checking when walking through intersections now, and its paid off. There's just too many hyper idiots on the road now you really need to be aware of all directions coming at you, even behind you now. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1