The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

So ya does SJ get a get out of jail free card here?????

In the end? I think it's likely 

And it'll be Kane having shot himself in the foot repeatedly that gets it done

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Who pays his salary while in the AHL?

Doesn’t matter what league he was in. He’s under contract with the Sharks. If he broke the terms of that contract then no more contract.

True. But they are trying to terminate his contract for an AHL violation. He has an NHL contract. This would set a precedent. I’ve never seen an NHL player get his NHL contract terminated over something he did in the AHL. 

We all know what San Jose is trying to do here. Whether you like Kane or not San Jose also has to follow the rules and cannot be allowed to terminate a $23 million contract over COVID protocols. Players get fined and suspended all the time for much worse violations. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I can’t believe even a minority of fans are actually suggesting signing this cancer. Look at the guys history. I don’t want him anywhere near this team. Even if you put all that considerable baggage aside, the media distraction alone makes it not worth it. 

Many fans here spent years defending Virtanen’s questionable acts for the simple reason that he was a Canuck and a hometown boy. 

So I certainly don’t think this team, nor its fans, are above Evander Kane. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

59 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

So why do you still vaxx with the same formula against the wuhan variant which is not in circulation since almost 2 years ? Pfizer said they didn’t modify the formula. So you get jabbed with a outdated product who can.t prevent you to carry and spread and you still call that a vaccine. 
Edit : just saw the moderator comment. 

well back on Kane, i want to hear his side first. I really want to let him the benefice of the doubt. Im may be way to gently but something isnt clear. 

I think the problem here is word of mouth from Kane might not be the truth. In fact, most likely it isn't. There may be some truths within it, but it's very unlikely he's going to tell the entire truth. Why would he if he's even the slightest bit guilty?

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Many fans here spent years defending Virtanen’s questionable acts for the simple reason that he was a Canuck and a hometown boy. 

Nobody knew of Virtanen's questionable acts until the very end. 

6 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Virtanen didn't have comparable controversies at the begnning. There were small issues, sure, but nothing like what Kane's been going through. Even now, Kane's been going through more than Virtanen has.

The only reason why you've brought this up is because of your opposition to Virtanen over the years anyway.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Rules are rules.

If he broke them bye bye contract. Nothing to do with his personality.

And I would never be a union rep, but thanks.

What do rules have to do with the union representing him like they are legally obligated too?   
Opioid don’t matter here

58 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Don't even wanna really touch how the instances are different. The few Virtanen defenders have moved on from him now that he's gone. You haters still here crying about it. It's kinda wild. He's garbage and he's gone. Let it go my man. The rest of us have. Lives rent free in your head, it's not healthy.

• Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think the problem here is word of mouth from Kane might not be the truth. In fact, most likely it isn't. There may be some truths within it, but it's very unlikely he's going to tell the entire truth. Why would he if he's even the slightest bit guilty?

There are always 3 truths: your truth, my truth and the real truth. 

If SUBSTANTIAL contract breaches occured and is in line with past precedent then fair enough. We have no choice but to support it. But if it is San Jose trying to avoid the cap penalties then not only the NHLPA but also the NHL better be looking very close at this. Just like we can't ignore Kane's history, we can't ignore the obvious incentive for San Jose. If they are trying to cheat, then the NHL better penalize them. If it is legitimate and in good faith then we all need to support it. 

My 2 cents anyway. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

It makes perfect sense to terminate if they can. They wanted rid of him, and found a legal way to do so. It was only a matter of time before they did so - Kane is an absolute disaster. 

This way they can circumvent both a buyout or trade with retention situation. It's all quite underhandedly brilliant.