The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kyle Turris

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Making room for Halak... 1st round pick to VAN for Halak please LOL

I do admit, if there’s a 1st to be had from Edmonton for Halak, you pull the trigger on that trade and you run to the draft table.

The only thing is, I’m not sure if Martin or DiPietro are ready, nor am I seeing a cheap replacement for Halak via trade.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I do admit, if there’s a 1st to be had from Edmonton for Halak, you pull the trigger on that trade and you run to the draft table.

The only thing is, I’m not sure if Martin or DiPietro are ready, nor am I seeing a cheap replacement for Halak via trade.

I'd actually move Halak and Motte to the Oilers if they gave up their 1st round pick.

Doing that, then moving Miller for a package that includes another 1st round pick would do wonders for our prospect cupboard. 

We'd have three 1st round picks this year.

• Vintage 3

Koskinen+ for Fleury with a bit retained?

Both expiring contracts, maybe Fluery allows it 

Slide as they have, the Oil have better playoff odds than Chicago, Chicago has to grab a wildcard spot while the Pacific is more spread open

Edited by Coconuts

23 minutes ago, Me_ said:

We can take Koskinen back.

Edmonton 1st + Koskinen for Halak.

And watch Koskinen put up .910 save percentage behind our team that actually tries to play defence.

That Edmonton 1st has chance to be 1st overall (given the past history) so I doubt they trade it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

If you were Halak, would you waive your NMC to go to that dumpster fire? 

Depends on how I feel about my abilities as a goaltender.  If I am confident in my abilities, and see that EDM just has crappy goaltending, then why not?  I'd be the #1 there, not a backup.

Just now, HKSR said:

Depends on how I feel about my abilities as a goaltender.  If I am confident in my abilities, and see that EDM just has crappy goaltending, then why not?  I'd be the #1 there, not a backup.

Except they don't just have crappy goaltending.  They're a mess from top to bottom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Except they don't just have crappy goaltending.  They're a mess from top to bottom.

I don't think they have issues with forwards.

Defence isn't great, that's for sure.

Goaltending is abysmal.  Basically sub .900 save % across the board.  That says a LOT about their goaltending situation.  Halak would be a major improvement.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think they have issues with forwards.

Defence isn't great, that's for sure.

Goaltending is abysmal.  Basically sub .900 save % across the board.  That says a LOT about their goaltending situation.  Halak would be a major improvement.

They do right now.  Many times in this past stretch of games they have scored 2 goals or fewer.  That's just not going to win you many NHL games.

46 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd actually move Halak and Motte to the Oilers if they gave up their 1st round pick.

Doing that, then moving Miller for a package that includes another 1st round pick would do wonders for our prospect cupboard. 

We'd have three 1st round picks this year.

and no team so trade the rest and follow ARZ

• Vintage 1