The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, DeNiro said:

Disaster?

They’ve been dominating play. The Blues capitalized on their first two chances with really nice redirections. The third goal was obviously a misplay.

I’m really happy with the way they’re playing, just need some finish. These are the games Petey and Boes need to be difference makers if they wanna be the top paid guys.

Have a feeling BB will be gone by deadline…

Just not good enough if he wants to be paid the big money.

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We aren't getting blown out. It's our 5th goalie ffs 

Kid is supposed to be Demkos backup was higher on the depth chart but Martain had nhl experience. but non the less I've yet to see a game where he doesn't allow multiple soft goals clean over his shoulder we aren't getting blown out yet but 3 goals on 12 shots doesn't give me confidence 

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Mikey makes himself very small in the net...would like to see Clark work with him to adjust that.

His playing style is similar to someone who is 6’4”.  Problem is he is only 6’ on a good day so when he goes down the entire top of the net is left open.  Unless Clark can change his style of play to the way Halak plays then he won’t make it in the NHL as the shots come too fast for him to react.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Disaster?

They’ve been dominating play. The Blues capitalized on their first two chances with really nice redirections. The third goal was obviously a misplay.

I’m really happy with the way they’re playing, just need some finish. These are the games Petey and Boes need to be difference makers if they wanna be the top paid guys.

lol can't really be a difference maker if all you have is 1 line and they can literally put their top 2 shutdown line and defense on u the entire game and not worried about the other 3 lines

Just now, fanfor42 said:

MD has to make some saves. 3 goals on 13 shots won't cut it.

I'm sure he wants to do well but he plays small and that last goal was terrible even for an ahl goalie.

The last goal even I could make that save. A soft wrister from the blueline and he deflects it on his own net 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but we still aren’t in the same caliber as those teams regardless. You have to be realistic it’s just where the team is at right now. There still is a lot of work to do with this roster.

I think we need an overhaul on the right side on defence. We’re not going to go very far with Myers, Poolman and Schenn.