The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Both Hughes brothers are definitely untouchable. Jack looking like this is his breakout year. Pretty much at a PPG pace.

Yeah. Jack and Luke Hughes both untouchables I would think for the Devils. 

8 hours ago, stawns said:

It's not like Forsling did well after the trade from Van, it's taken him this long to get his foot in the door.

I had no issue with the McCann trade as it got Guddy, who then got Pearson.

Didn't like the trade for Gudbranson, I think we just got lucky on that one getting offered Pearson. I would've taken a gift card to the Keg if it meant getting rid of Gudbranson

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Didn't like the trade for Gudbranson, I think we just got lucky on that one getting offered Pearson. I would've taken a gift card to the Keg if it meant getting rid of Gudbranson

Those outlet passes, oh my. Seems to have found a fit in Calgary, but his last couple years here were dreadful. I don't miss him at all either. 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. Jack and Luke Hughes both untouchables I would think for the Devils. 

I'm not saying it's an option, Jack has been a little up and down. Smallish, with a contract that may or not be a good one in the long term. EP for Jack Hughes. Would you do it?

26 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm not saying it's an option, Jack has been a little up and down. Smallish, with a contract that may or not be a good one in the long term. EP for Jack Hughes. Would you do it?

They wouldn't, nor would I. If Petey figures out then he could top out as a 90 point 1C, whereas Jack Hughes shows flashes of being the next Patty Kane. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:49 AM, stawns said:

I'm not sure sure that list inspires much hand wringing when it comes to lost prospects....... especially when you consider they got Karlsson for Dahlen.

Dahlen never pushed for rookie of the year in the SHL…Karlsson on the other hand…I’m trying to temper my expectations. But excited if we can sign Karlsson and get him over to this pond to see how he does. He’s definitely knocking on the door.

Makes no sense to trade Garland.. he's the big reason why we took on the long term contract of OEL... Garland is on a friendly $4.95M a year for 4 more seasons... 

unless.. the return is a 1st or 2nd round pick + a big power forward that can bang and score.... 

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

Friedman reported that the Rangers, Bruins and New Jersey show interest in Canucks forwards (Garland & Miller). Lot's of scouts watched the Canucks game at the Blackhawks, yesterday, scouts from the Rangers and Bruins amongst them.

Garland to MTL for a 2023 unprotected 1st round pick

Come on Kent....make yer mark

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Garland to MTL for a 2023 unprotected 1st round pick

Come on Kent....make yer mark

Garland makes sense to me for Boston. There really isn't anything from them I want tho from a roster perspective other than Carlo, which isn't in the cards.

I guess if Garland's cap hit gives us room to retain Miller, then a 1st is OK.

Just now, JM_ said:

Garland makes sense to me for Boston. There really isn't anything from them I want tho from a roster perspective other than Carlo, which isn't in the cards.

I guess if Garland's cap hit gives us room to retain Miller, then a 1st is OK.

Nobody will ever be able to convince me MTL won't be drafting top 10 next year.  That 1st would be massive

Flames eyeing two Canucks and some help on the blue line

Steve McFarland of Calgary Hockey Now: Elliotte Friedman reported on the weekend that the Calgary Flames are one of the teams that have shown interest in Vancouver Canucks Conor Garland. The Flames have also be linked to Canucks forward J.T. Miller.

The Flames could use a right-handed winger. The 25-year Garland just started his five-year, $24.75 million deal.

Just now, qwijibo said:

Does Gorton strike you as an idiot? 

Funny you should ask.

He's the guy who stood side by side with Benning for many Boston drafts but he got/gets all the credit which is fascinating.

So yes, as he's the vp and Hughes is the GM I believe a 1st is possible.  Especially if we call him Garlande 

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

Steve McFarland of Calgary Hockey Now: Elliotte Friedman reported on the weekend that the Calgary Flames are one of the teams that have shown interest in Vancouver Canucks Conor Garland. The Flames have also be linked to Canucks forward J.T. Miller.

The Flames could use a right-handed winger. The 25-year Garland just started his five-year, $24.75 million deal.

Makes no sense.  

Why not just bring up Corronato?  That's who we'd ask for in return for Garland I'd think

Just now, Warhippy said:

Funny you should ask.

He's the guy who stood side by side with Benning for many Boston drafts but he got/gets all the credit which is fascinating.

So yes, as he's the vp and Hughes is the GM I believe a 1st is possible.  Especially if we call him Garlande 

He’s also the guy that sent out the letters to rangers fans telling them they were doing a full rebuild.  Garland is a nice player but he doesn’t get you a shot a Bedard 

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I have no idea what we even want from them. Their next 4 first rounders? Gonna take a massive over payment for us to move Garland or Miller to a divisional rival. 

source: Hockeywriters / Ty Smith (D), who is on a ELC as possible return for Garland?

Multiple reports last offseason indicated the Devils were interested in Garland, so it’s not a surprise to see them involved again if he’s available. As with any trade, the price is always key. If a first-round pick is what the Canucks are looking for in return for Garland, that may be a price too steep to pay. But a second-round pick and a couple of other assets, and there may be a deal to be had. 

Patrick Johnston, who covers the Canucks for The Province, believes Ty Smith and Damon Severson would interest Allvin and Canucks president of hockey operations Jim Rutherford (from ‘Flames 1, Canucks 0 (OT): Thatcher Demko carries defence as offence goes silent’, The Province – 1/30/22). 

Severson is an expensive price for Garland, not one the Devils would or should be willing to pay. But parting with Smith may be something they’re OK with doing. The Devils have Luke Hughes, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Kevin Bahl, Daniil Misyul and Reilly Walsh coming up on defense in their prospect pool. It’s a position of strength for them, so they could probably absorb trading Smith for a scorer. Johnston also indicated Smith could be of more interest to the Canucks because he’s only 21 years old and still on his entry-level deal. A second-round pick, Smith and another asset should get a deal done.

Garland could play on a line with any of Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes or Dawson Mercer, so he makes sense for the Devils. His contract is more than reasonable (four years remaining at a cap hit of $4.95 million), and he fits with the Devils’ core, as he turns 26 in March. It’ll be interesting to see how hard a push Devils general manager Tom Fitzgerald makes to acquire him.