To NSH

garland 

Jurmo

To VAN

sissons

Prokop

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No to trading Jurmo…

Did we learn nothing from the Forsling trade??

Rathbone instead.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

May I ask why you feel this way?  Moving Garland clears more cap for a longer period of time.  Beau's contract will expire at the end of next season.  If we make the playoffs and he's still on the team, he actually has a decent track record in the post-season.  

Garland is a more valuable player, Beauvillier is closer to one dimensional and more expendable. And if he puts up solid or better numbers this year he won't be cheaper beyond next year anyway. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Garland is a more valuable player, Beauvillier is closer to one dimensional and more expendable. And if he puts up solid or better numbers this year he won't be cheaper beyond next year anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Snake Doctor said:

Nobody is calling for Garland

Love these two posts back to back.

Never change CDC! :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i still don't think anyone will make a trade for garland or boeser regardless of the cap issue. they both eat up too much cap space and neither are players that would move the needle.. the contenders don't have space for them and they'd at best be a a luxury depth on those teams, and the fringe teams again they eat up too much space and not a difference maker to say change them from a fringe team to a contender.. 

this is the easy shortcut way of "getting out" of cap trouble but i still think it's short sighted and aimed at short term success.. they are guaranteed to spend the cap saving and there's a chance they might go big on another top 4 defenceman that might already eat up all the cap saving if not more. coz as of right now the canucks defensive is atrocious with bear out.. myers is prolly the 3rd best defenceman.. so let say they spend 6-7 mil on another top 4 defenceman.. add the cap penalty of almost 5mil in year 3 and 4.. that's basically 11-12mil spent in the 2 year likely to be peak EP/QH/Hronek and tail end of demko/miller if they haven't already fallen off.. year 3 and 4 is likely the peak competitive window for this core and we are playing with a massive handicap. 

FA prolly wrote the cheque because he wants to make the playoff at all cost even if we ain't going to be a contender.. being just "good enough" and competitive enough to sneak into the playoff prolly sells more ticket + playoff revenue will make him more money than paying the OEL buyout

I think a team looking for term will be interested in Garland.  Winnipeg for example.  Nobody wants to go there and everybody is looking to get out.  I am sure Winnipeg would easily take on a contract like Garland where he is locked up for 3 more years.  Same with Miller too.  I'm pretty sure they would take both those players and contracts.

With all of our new cap space I don't see us trading Miller, but I can see us moving Garland for money in, money out and get a player for a similar cap hit that fills a need.

I would do Garland for Brenden Dillon for example.  Winnipeg might bite too as he's a UFA next summer and will most likely bail...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I like Garland as a player but I'm hoping that Hogz ultimately replaces him.  RT seems to like Hogz.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Schenn close to signing in Toronto.  

We should target Sissons as 3rd C. Predators looking for some scoring help and have cap and he brings grit, size, faceoff, defensive ability. Righty C

Most importantly he comes in at a cheaper cap hit for 3 seasons. 

Probably have to offer Preds a good hockey trade as they have options if the offer doesn’t suffice.

Hence why I would probably offer Garland or Boeser straight up. The cap savings alone are an asset that we can use to further address the defence having already saved cap from this deal.  I

Every interview Trotz is repeating how their cap space is so valuable.  Their TDL trades felt somewhat lopsided with Jeannot, Granlund and even Ekholm bringing back a fair bit more than expected.  Nashville has cap space and no pressure to contend just yet which puts them in a really favourable bargaining position - they don't have to sell anyone for cheap or aid any team unless they get what they want.  Trotz even says that he's patient and that he won't make a trade unless he gets what he wants.  Sounds like he has a few years to shape his team.  Says their return to contention will depend on the moves he can make but insisted that it had to be for the right players.

He says step back to take leaps forward.  He even says he's willing to listen on Saros.  He talks of how Nashville is caught in the mushy middle and doesn't have what it takes right now to become an elite team.  

He says he's looking for trades where another team can't retain a player given their cap situation and he can give them a sweetener for someone that could be with them for the long term.  Feels like he might be looking for higher profile/upside than what Vancouver has to offer given his comments on mushy middle and lack of high end players to become an elite team.  He also says he wants winners to change their culture - that seems more like veteran cup winners to mentor their young players. 

If Saros is available than Sissons likely is too but not sure it would come all that cheap given their ask for their guys at the TDL.  Sissons 625 face-off in the d-zone while the next player has 220.  335 short-handed face-offs when the next player has 60.  Him playing defence allows their offensive guys to play in the o-zone.  That's going to create quite the hole in their lineup and it could even put them a C short.  

Glass, Novak, Johansen, Sissons.  Parsinnen also a C but waiver free so unclear where he'll start the year.  Duchene has been a winger for Nashville and has been playing with Glass who Trotz expects big things of so not sure they'll want to even change that set up.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Schenn close to signing in Toronto.  

We should target Sissons as 3rd C. Predators looking for some scoring help and have cap and he brings grit, size, faceoff, defensive ability. Righty C

Most importantly he comes in at a cheaper cap hit for 3 seasons. 

Probably have to offer Preds a good hockey trade as they have options if the offer doesn’t suffice.

Hence why I would probably offer Garland or Boeser straight up. The cap savings alone are an asset that we can use to further address the defence having already saved cap from this deal.  I

I read on twitter last night that Schenn and Toronto haven’t discussed contract extensions yet now today people saying he’s close…. I don’t believe anything till I see it 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Milky Peter Kuzy

barby Millsy Brock

beau Sissons Podz

joshua Aman UFA

barby 5X 4

hughes dumba 

graves Hronek

Hirose Soucy

dumba 4x 3yr

graves 5x 4

soucy 3 x 3 

I don’t know 

The only world Dumba signs here if it’s one year to play with Hughes to pump his value for next offseason and it’s just not gonna happen and he’s not signing for $4M.

Seeing what Severson and Gavrikov signed for not in an inflated UFA signing I think Graves could get really overpaid now and it scares me. 

soucy is a LHD not a right and penciling HIROSE in is bold. Not saying it’s impossible it’s just not likely this year.

im all for signing soucy though depending on our other moves he could be a good fit at a good price. 

mans Barbashev is going to be getting maybe $6M he was just a beast on a cup run and will get an inflated price due it his unique player type, cup win and performance, and being on the open market. 

acquiring a Sissons or signing Rodriguez as a stop gap at 3C works for me! 

Our next trade we make will really show the path forward.

Edited by R3aL

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

The only world Dumba signs here if it’s one year to play with Hughes to pump his value for next offseason and it’s just not gonna happen and he’s not signing for $4M.

Seeing what Severson and Gavrikov signed for not in an inflated UFA signing I think Graves could get really overpaid now and it scares me. 

soucy is a LHD not a right and penciling HIROSE in is bold. Not saying it’s impossible it’s just not likely this year.

im all for signing soucy though depending on our other moves he could be a good fit at a good price. 

mans Barbashev is going to be getting maybe $6M he was just a beast on a cup run and will get an inflated price due it his unique player type, cup win and performance, and being on the open market. 

acquiring a Sissons or signing Rodriguez as a stop gap at 3C works for me! 

Our next trade we make will really show the path forward.

Sissons plays an important role for Nashville with no one really able to replace him.  Still available - even Saros is, but price likely far higher than what Vancouver willing to pay.  Nashville are in the same situation as at the TDL - don't have to trade anyone unless they get the return they want (cf Jeannot or Ekholm trades).  Have cap space + no pressure to compete just yet.  

Edited by mll

25 minutes ago, mll said:

Sissons plays an important role for Nashville with no one really able to replace him.  Still available - even Saros is, but price likely far higher than what Vancouver willing to pay.  Nashville are in the same situation as at the TDL - don't have to trade anyone unless they get the return they want (cf Jeannot or Ekholm trades).  Have cap space + no pressure to compete just yet.  

Ya no idea what they’ll do but a stop Gap C ina. Good contract short term is what the doctor ordered a sissons type works 

Jesus christ.

Management/Ownership wouldn't have paid OEL 20 million to f**k off if they could have just traded Garland for a 2nd, or for another cheaper asset.

The fact that they backed up a brinks truck to OELs door is all the proof this forum should ever need that Garland has no trade value, he has negative value if anything.

It doesn't matter if you think he's a good player, his value based on his cap dollar and term is a negative asset for a winger who was #384 in points per dollar.

Nobody is calling about Garland. You aren't getting Peeke for Garland. You aren't getting a cheaper effective C for Garland. Please stop. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

Jesus christ.

Management/Ownership wouldn't have paid OEL 20 million to f**k off if they could have just traded Garland for a 2nd, or for another cheaper asset.

The fact that they backed up a brinks truck to OELs door is all the proof this forum should ever need that Garland has no trade value, he has negative value if anything.

It doesn't matter if you think he's a good player, his value based on his cap dollar and term is a negative asset for a winger who was #384 in points per dollar.

Nobody is calling about Garland. You aren't getting Peeke for Garland. You aren't getting a cheaper effective C for Garland. Please stop. 

full disclosure: I haven't read the posts you're responding too. I also agree that garland's value is low, by and large because he kinda sucks. 

that said, his value is higher now than it was before oel was bought out. when teams knew that the canucks HAD to move salary, they could pressure them to add a sweetener to the deal to move garland out. now that the canucks are in a position to tell other teams to f*** themselves and just keep the guy, they could probably offload him for future considerations. 

• Wat 1