The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Canucks l Feb. 19/22 @ 7:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I dunno what's wrong with him.  Pure speculation on my part... but you gotta wonder if there's a rift between Bo and Miller.

Id speculate that there isn’t anything between Bo and JT. I imagine if any friction developed it wouldn’t be about personalities but more so the amount, and likely type, of pressure the captain can asset on the young stars.

I don’t think Miller is the type to like to see anyone “coddled”.

To that end, I love him but I just don’t think Bo is the right leader for the other members of the core. Their importance to the club internally likely supersedes his captaincy when it comes to the locker room. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Bo is the guy who gets traded.  Time to make a big culture change. 

That’s quite a statement, but I don’t disagree.

In my opinion, there are too many players on this team who disappear when it gets physical. Sometimes that can be cured by adding a couple of guys willing to give a lot more than they receive.

4 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Watching this discussion, it is absolutely mindblowing to me that we somehow lost Markstrom, Toffoli, and Tanev and got 0 in return.

Calgary got Markstrom and Tanev free, and we got nothing for any of the 3.

No wonder we're so bad lmao.

Tells you how bad our management was and why we are where we are.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I hate to admit it, but I agree. I like Bo, but when was the last time he dragged this team in to the fight and carried the team to a big win? He’s had a good long run and the team has been pretty poor with the exact same problems under 3 different coaches. Keep Miller, make him captain, and trade Bo and Boeser. Keeping things the same isn’t working. 

lol if u are trading bo and boeser you might as well go into a full rebuild.. what is the point of keeping miller when there's literally no one on the canucks to play on the top line.. the returns u get from bo and boeser is not going to get you anything of significance that'll help u right away in the top 6.. u can make Miller a captain doesn't mean he's going to sign here for a rebuild lol. getting rid of bo and boeser means u need to find a 2c or 3c if u stick ep as a 2c and 3 wingers to play in the top 6 since there's only garland.. i doubt u are filling 3 top 6 and in 3-4 years.. if it's that easy we wouldn't be this bad..

• Like 1

You are what your record says you are. An extremely mediocre capped out team with a lot of holes and very little in the pipeline. Reality is this is Jim Bennings vision and what we got after 8 years of incompetence. That’s a good team over there :rolleyes:

Just now, J-23 said:

So many people on here were writing Tanev off once he left. He was our guy defensively. Now he’s one of Flames best dmen.

The fact that he was signed for 4m meant he obviously had trade value. Did nobody look at the expiring contracts and go: gee maybe we should figure out how to get a return for these guys if we're not going to be able to sign them? 

Wasn't it obvious we were going to lose one of Markstrom or Demko at the very least?

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I hate to admit it, but I agree. I like Bo, but when was the last time he dragged this team in to the fight and carried the team to a big win? He’s had a good long run and the team has been pretty poor with the exact same problems under 3 different coaches. Keep Miller, make him captain, and trade Bo and Boeser. Keeping things the same isn’t working. 

In the bubble Bo elevated his offensive game along with playing sound defense. He was a work horse and led the team.... This entire year Bo has looked lost. Things have been relatively good under BB so people stop remembering how terrible Bo was when Green was behind the bench... There was zero leadership from Bo then....there is zero leadership now. It's time for a change. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Watching this discussion, it is absolutely mindblowing to me that we somehow lost Markstrom, Toffoli, and Tanev and got 0 in return.

And of all teams its Calgary!  We could have not only gotten a good return, but had some control over where they landed.

+ Madden and a second

worstgmever

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Gotta wonder what the problem is and why this team continually cannot get up for games or has slow starts.  Can't blame it on the coaching anymore.

Who was the guy from the last game saying there's no such thing as unacceptable play ?

Just now, stawns said:

Which is why it's been over for a few weeks now.  

Few weeks ago u had oils on losing streak, fired coach. Flames had losing streak too, then covid but had lot of games in hand. 

Dux on losing streak now, but about to end. Nux never got on a long winning streak after BB was hired. Pausing the games while they were hot was a stupid move. 

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I'm watching Flames game and Toffoli is playing with Monahan. They have history playing together on the OTT 67s.

Tanev has been unreal. 

Marky in net. This team is looking very good..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Sad 1