The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

Don’t expect any return. As long as doesn’t cost us more than a second. 
If we take contract back or retain then they can give us a 5th or 6th rounder. 
‘Would see if OEL at $5M is palatable. Eating $2M is better than the buyout he is working towards. Again for future considerations would accept that deal even with the retention. 

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not if we have to watch another player disgrace the franchise with their refusal to play defence.  Keep this bum on the Leafs where the way he plays is acceptable.

I'm not saying trade for him, I'm saying that if the idea is for us to be bad and draft high I don't if some of our D are bad. Short term pain and all that, we can always let them walk. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not saying trade for him, I'm saying that if the idea is for us to be bad and draft high I don't if some of our D are bad. Short term pain and all that, we can always let them walk. 

I'd just rather try some of the guys in Abbotsford than a guy we know can't do the job.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd just rather try some of the guys in Abbotsford than a guy we know can't do the job.

I'm open to that too if we start moving guys like Myers and Schenn out. That's why we have depth like Keeper, Juulsen, Wolanin, Bear, Burroughs, Stillman, ect. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm open to that too if we start moving guys like Myers and Schenn out. That's why we have depth like Keeper, Juulsen, Wolanin, Bear, Burroughs, Stillman, ect. 

Yup, even if there's no D coming back, I'd rather run with:

Hughes, Schenn

OEL, Bear

Still/Rath, Burroughs

• Cheers 1

Just now, combover said:

I’d keep schenn the toughness and leadership he brings is something we sorely lack on the back end. 
he’s cheap and knows his role and is one of the few players that has more value with us than as trade bait. 

Yup, ideally we extend him another year or two. If he wants out though...I'd move him the last day of the TDL:lol:

I'd not be remotely surprised if he returned a 2nd.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yup, even if there's no D coming back, I'd rather run with:

Hughes, Schenn

OEL, Bear

Still/Rath, Burroughs

Until we get a Schenn offer good enough to bite on 

I don't care how poor our D looks this season, I'm all in on finishing near the bottom 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Rather have a pick.

I think it would depend on the pick.  If we can recoup a 2nd or potentially get a 1st I would be all for that as well, however if we could only get a 3rd or above, I think I would value the potential of Liljegren more.  He is certainly not the Hughes or OEL partner we have been looking for, but talent can make us adjust and we do need to move the puck from the right side from time to time still. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I think it would depend on the pick.  If we can recoup a 2nd or potentially get a 1st I would be all for that as well, however if we could only get a 3rd or above, I think I would value the potential of Liljegren more.  He is certainly not the Hughes or OEL partner we have been looking for, but talent can make us adjust and we do need to move the puck from the right side from time to time still. 

Any pick would be better.  I wouldn't claim Liljegren from waivers though.  His main talent is playing like complete trash in his own zone and skill getting coaches to let him on the ice.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, ideally we extend him another year or two. If he wants out though...I'd move him the last day of the TDL:lol:

I'd not be remotely surprised if he returned a 2nd.

We heard this about Motte. We know how that story ends. I'd be fine with a 5th and hope he re-signs with us. Keep the expectations low.

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather keep Myers than put this AHL trash in the lineup.  Better to take a late pick and bring up someone from Abbotsford.  The way Liljegren plays in his own zone is simply not acceptable and he should not be welcome on this team for any reason.

Keeping Myers, definitely not.  I am actually a Myers fan, but it's abundantly clear that he isn't the right mix for our other D core who will be here.  Moving him and freeing cap is the goal.  Anything else is bonus.  I would value a 1st or 2nd round pick, but I would value the potential talent of Liljegren over a 3rd or above which has a super low chance of being an NHLer.  We need to balance puck moving to have some ability on the right side (Otherwise we are too predictable shift to shift), but that obviously doesn't mean a pairing with Hughes or OEL which wouldn't be a fit.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Keeping Myers, definitely not.  I am actually a Myers fan, but it's abundantly clear that he isn't the right mix for our other D core who will be here.  Moving him and freeing cap is the goal.  Anything else is bonus.  I would value a 1st or 2nd round pick, but I would value the potential talent of Liljegren over a 3rd or above which has a super low chance of being an NHLer.  We need to balance puck moving to have some ability on the right side (Otherwise we are too predictable shift to shift), but that obviously doesn't mean a pairing with Hughes or OEL which wouldn't be a fit.

We have Bear on the right side.  There's no place on this team for a defenceman who can't play defence.  Liljegren has no chance of every turning into anything more than a complete liability in his own zone, and will never belong in the NHL. We need to improve our defensive play, not bring in a guy who doesn't care whether or not his defence is acceptable.