The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, viking mama said:

I’m tired of “blowing it up”! Was sick when JB blew up the core after the bubble run. 

Some of these players that you mention are entering their prime. I want to knock on the play-off door,..next year or the year after that. 

So much parity in this league - just get in ‘em, stay health & get some depth on the farm & but don’t piss-off your veterans players, RFAs or future FAs, like JB did with all of his non-or-miscommunications. This is a great city for players & families, now get this D-corps the help it needs and a legit back-up goalie who is also on the rise & not in decline.  

No offense but you're delusional. This is easily the softest team in the league. Got some talent but any sort of pressure in any zone and they're completely overrun. Current makeup of this team can't hang with the big dogs.

• Vintage 1

Well, flames got vented 7-1 by nux last time, and they came out flying tonight.  U get bad games here and there, it happens.  What is bothersome is that nux been trending with bad first periods for several games now.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Here’s his career stat line. You’ve run out of patience already? Did you previously know the kind of player he was expected to be???

Career
GP G A P +/-
59 10 6 16

Nah. Not even close. 

I'm saying if a team were to gamble on him like Tampa Bay did a few days ago where they overpay to gain an ELC contract, I think it's worth considering. He's got a long way to develop so if you can gain a comparable contract that contributes more to offensive stats then I think it's a good conversation to have. 

I don't anticipate teams calling about him, but to say he's untouchable even if a good offer comes around I think would be a poor move by a gm. 

• Cheers 1

Played well for 3 minutes in the entire game so far. Not sure who's to blame for not getting up for these big games, especially at home. There's too many players playing like crap to be individuals, you have to look at the coaching staff and preparation. As good as Bruce has been, he's not perfect and he has to work out why we have had such bad starts lately because that (combined with a backup who can't win) is the main reason why we'll miss the playoffs.

Just now, MikeyD said:

Nah. Not even close. 

I'm saying if a team were to gamble on him like Tampa Bay did a few days ago where they overpay to gain an ELC contract, I think it's worth considering. He's got a long way to develop so if you can gain a comparable contract that contributes more to offensive stats then I think it's a good conversation to have. 

I don't anticipate teams calling about him, but to say he's untouchable even if a good offer comes around I think would be a poor move by a gm. 

Gotcha, agreed

• Cheers 1