The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Philippe Myers, Gerry Mayhew, Philippe Desrosiers

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

This is why having cap space is important, there are opportunities you can take a swing at if you aren’t capped out.

Myers is still pretty young and has the size and all the tools.  He played well in Philly covering 18 minutes a game, but hasn’t been a fit in Nashville.

He has more upside still than Poolman at the same price and less term.

I agree.

Generally, with younger players who were trending well prior to the pandemic, but who have struggled since, I wonder if there are mental/emotional effects that are a large part of it. As things are going more or less back to normal, some of these guys might regain their form, at a higher rate than the reclamation projects of previous years.

I hope we claim him. But I suspect Ottawa will get him first, especially with Chabot out for the rest of the season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I really want us to claim Myers. He was really good in Philly. Still young and can turn it back around. I could see him and OEL being a fun and successful pairing potentially. 

Me too, and he's young enough to still get better. Someone will grab him before we get the opportunity though i imagine.