The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

that makes me a bit sad to hear, actually. 

He was beloved & regarded as high character in NYI. (Still is, on our last roadtrip I recall a NYI guest on VAN radio 'off the cuff' mention praise+excitement to see Hamonic again)

For a young team its got to be hard having him unavailable at crucial points in the season. Given he was supposed to be a T4D - a key secondary part of the team - and the young core themselves are striving to win.

I really liked the optics of what Hamonic brought (and showed in spurts), but I totally understand the internal frustration. Overall this is a great move for the team.

His career has really been derailed by the pandemic given he opted out of the bubble, especially at his age. I wish him all the best in Ottawa. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I hate these kinds of "news" that leads to people speculating the worst about others. If Seravalli's going to say something like this, provide more background to the story - for example, they hated him because of X. Otherwise, this is just as bad as gossiping, imo. 

Especially for someone that had a really good reputation prior. In an Evander Kane type situation I can understand, but this just kinda sucks ending on that note.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Especially for someone that had a really good reputation prior. In an Evander Kane type situation I can understand, but this just kinda sucks ending on that note.

If true feels like Nate Schmidt all over again.

Both have something in common. They joined the team during the Covid season where you couldn't really meet with anyone outside practice and the games.

I guess brining new players in during that season with so many chances in the roster (losing Tanev, Stehcher, Markstrom etc) wasn't the best idea.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I hate these kinds of "news" that leads to people speculating the worst about others. If Seravalli's going to say something like this, provide more background to the story - for example, they hated him because of X. Otherwise, this is just as bad as gossiping, imo

Well said.

In todays society the gap between the ”normal” people and the qanons/Trumpists/antivaxxers/satanicpedophilering etc is too large.

It’s so much hate and so much trying to convince everyone around you ”what is right”.

I don’t know if it’s the thing here but the problem with vaccination had that kind of rhumours around it. 

21 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Listening to Ottawa TSN radio this morning, they had a clip of GM Dorion stating,

" They wanted a 4th for Hamonic, We didn't have a 4th, they wouldn't take a 5th, So we offered a 3rd and it was done!"

Isn't that kind of like if you're buying something at a garage sale

They wanted $20 for something, I didn't have a 20, they wouldn't take 10,

So I gave him a $50 !! :shock:

It's amazing isn't it?

if it was Benning, Canucks would have gotten a 6th ... just because :lol:

8 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I hate these kinds of "news" that leads to people speculating the worst about others. If Seravalli's going to say something like this, provide more background to the story - for example, they hated him because of X. Otherwise, this is just as bad as gossiping, imo. 

even if true, I don't like to see this. 

10 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Listening to Ottawa TSN radio this morning, they had a clip of GM Dorion stating,

" They wanted a 4th for Hamonic, We didn't have a 4th, they wouldn't take a 5th, So we offered a 3rd and it was done!"

Weird. Not sure what's weirder. That Dorian did what he did, or that he admits it to his fan base!

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

So basically when we trade Dickinson it needs to be a team that doesn't have a 4th round pick so we can get the 3rd rounder back...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, aliboy said:

I've noticed a few tweets like this one.

Who the heck is this Wiley Canuck buffoon?  That's not what Seravalli said.  Just trying to stir up some hate. I'm sure Hamonic wasn't popular with team mates and there were differences, but c'mon man. The big story here is VAN fleecing OTT

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who the heck is this Wiley Canuck buffoon?  That's not what Seravalli said.  Just trying to stir up some hate. I'm sure Hamonic wasn't popular with team mates and there were differences, but c'mon man. The big story here is VAN fleecing OTT

Yeah, "they wouldn't take a 5th" is hilarious. Pretty sure we would have taken anything or even just future considerations if Ottawa had kept their cool and waited it out,

On 3/21/2022 at 2:40 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't have a horse in this race because I really don't give a crap about Hamonic, but this sounds like bull$&!# to me.

remember the supposed "rift" and a clash of clans between bo and millsy that the media were lolly-gagging about early on?

lol. 

Vancouver media is filled with clowns. It's like they make up these scenarios from high school dramas.

11 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

remember the supposed "rift" and a clash of clans between bo and millsy that the media were lolly-gagging about early on?

lol. 

Vancouver media is filled with clowns. It's like they make up these scenarios from high school dramas.

It is high school drama.

The media are the nerds and the players are the jocks.

They try so hard to get gossip about the cool kids. :lol:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

lol. 

Wasn't a story started from our media though.  It was Frank Serevelli when he was a guest on 650.  

Just look at the history of this:

Lots of Canucks get very ill from Covid last year before vaccines are available.

(Sutter is still trying to recover.)

Hamonic refuses to get vaccinated.  (He's an antivaxxer)

I can definitely believe some of the guys in that room aren't upset Hamonic is gone.