The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, Kenny Blankenship said:

Stop with the logic. He played for the leafs, therefore he is a liability in his own end. 

When Dermott was with the Leafs he was a piece of Monkey crap.  He's ours now, so we can cheer for him to do well.  I see a 205 pound, 6' tall hockey body.  Hamonic was overpaid and craperolla.  So glad that guy is gone.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t think it is terrible, but honestly would have rather saved the 3rd rounder as currency to shed Poolman or Dickenson and signed a guy like Hagg in the summer for that cap space who brings a different element to the table than what we have.

The people saying it is saving $1.5 million are using some spin.  It wasn’t one move for Hamonic and Dermott.  We had saved $3 million already, so no reason to do the 2nd half of that.

Yeah 100% on this take. We should have traded Hams and then told the Laffs to suck it.

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Having said that...I don't think he's some amazing defender that will fix our PK either! Sorry...

Won't take a lot to help a PK that is 32nd in the league.  A small improvement would do wonders for this team's ability to win games.

• Like 1

One Travis out one Travis in! That’s great Travis management by Allvin!

Not really a fan of the player but Hamonic for Dermott essentially is good value.

Hes a Canuck now so here’s hoping he can thrive with a new coach and new opportunity.

Im just happy with any sort of D core shakeup really, it’s obvious that’s our weakness.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4