The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Brad Richardson off waivers

13 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

But you still want to be competitive, especially with the gauntlet of games coming up, you can't have a 70% PK in these games and Brad should help here. 

Sure, being competitive is a good idea, we were competitive last night in losing overtime to Buffalo. Calgary doesn't need a player for PK? Again, because he played here before does not necessary mean that it is a good move.

Edited by Pavel the Bure
spelling

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The retool was always likely to happen in the summer. Trading Motte for a draft pick does nothing for a retool.

The moves that need to be done (Boeser, Myers, Pearson, Dickinson) were always much more likely to happen in the summer. That’s when you have more teams that are likely to trade for them.

^THIS^ Teams have capspace in the summer, not so much so right now. Sometimes you can extract better value from a team that's willing to spend on their middle (middle 6F / middle 4D).

The only places that had Miller, Boeser, Garland etc going anywhere was in the media and here on CDC. The argument was that their value is enormous due to the awesome contracts / term they have, so why don't we keep them?

Worst thing ever is to go into TDL on a bit of a losing streak...everyone wants a head on a stick. If this team performed the way it has under BB from the start of the season, we'd be buyers right now ready for a deep P/O run. Let's just see where this team is at next fall with BB at the helm from the start...then we can make a better assessment at the next TDL, again, no guns to our heads right now, just from the media and from the fans. I have faith in this management team, they know stuff we don't. Maybe there have already been talks with Boeser's rep team, maybe there's been talks with Motte's rep team...all things that we and the media have no knowledge of, nor any rights to knowledge of.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea the Canucks want him, which is why they’re working to re-sign him.

Would some people find this deadline a success if we traded Motte for a late 2nd? Like I can never understand why people get so hyped over 2nd round picks. So that in five years we can lose a bust to waivers. :lol:

Give me Motte on a 4 year deal at 2.25 and I’m happy.

11 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Well, they didn’t do nothing. They acquired Dermott the other day, and they picked up Richardson. 

Well.... I'm happy that you're happy!!