The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche | 630pm PST | SNET1 "The Uno"

Rate this topic

diesel_3

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I heard Farhan mention something about OEL dealing with a suspected groin injury, first I'd heard of it (but would make sense), has there been anything else on this? 

3 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

It makes sense. He looks like he's skating at about 75% recently, trying to nurse that injury maybe?

This does make sense. He was a lot better earlier in the year (at least from a defensive point of view). I had been suspecting an injury and, although this is not confirmed, it does seem likely.

And I hope it is true because OEL has looked bad lately and it would be disaster if his recent level of play reflects what we can expect for the remaining 5 years of his contract with a 7.26 million cap hit and a no-movement clause.

The trade to bring him to Vancouver was still a terrible trade but if the problem is injury, he should recover and might at least be a good player for the next few years--not worth over 7 million a year but good enough to be a solid top-4 D-man on a good team. 

7 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

But that’s the thing, we have not committed to a proper rebuild. The ownership, as many have said before, don’t have the stones for it. Looks like quite a few fans don’t either. We are likely going to tinker around the edges and continue to exist in the “mushy middle” and just pray that one day perhaps we make the playoffs and make some sort of Cinderella run. So, enjoy.

another 49 years of this crap... im too old to keep the dream alive. with this owner its a double edge sword.! JR will still have to listen to the boss because he is paying for his bills... no matter how pretty the $&!# is. its still $&!#!

1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Iirc, Vesey and Boyd were picked-up on waivers. Dermott is via a trade so the comparable is probably Josh Leivo who we got from the Leafs via a trade. Leivo turned out pretty good, imo.

Yes I was sorry to see Leivo go, especially to CGY. He's been injury prone though, I doubt whether the Canes will keep him very long.