The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Current Odds of Making the Playoffs

Rate this topic

allegend

2 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I've been on a game-to-game basis myself since the Detroit loss. So far, it has been fun. I hope the Canucks win out - it will make Rutherford's job tougher this summer as to what to do as far as extend or trade, but if he lives up to this reputation as Trader Jim, then he should be able to get more value.

I don't want another Trader Jim :( 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I still don't see it myself but i'll enjoy the ride over the next 2 weeks

At this point I'm essentially considering our chances over.  If that changes I'll be pleasantly surprised and buy a lottery ticket that night. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I have a feeling our last regular season game will decide whether we make the playoffs or not.

If we can play well enough to make our last regular season game be that important that’s bloody fantastic!  :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I think its a long shot... has been since the moment BB took over.

The fact we are still in the race says something about his coaching and the potential of the team.

Win or lose, I am enjoying watching the development of the players... next season I will get more serious about expectations.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s not true. LA has 86 points. Vegas has 84 points with a game in hand. Vegas has to win that game in hand to actually overtake LA. 

That’s exactly my point. They have official control of 3rd pacific now over LA

55 minutes ago, cleowin said:

That’s exactly my point. They have official control of 3rd pacific now over LA

LA already has the two points in the bag. Vegas has to play that extra game to get the two points needed to overtake LA. 

Remember the saying “a bird in the hand  is worth two in the bush”.  That totally applies in this case. 

I'd honestly give our team about 2-3% odds right now. We need to go at least 8-1. I think 8-1 would probably give us a 45% chance of getting in and 9-0 would give us around a 70% chance of getting in. We have to pretty much be the best team in the NHL for the next 9 games.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We’re not trying to catch Dallas. We are trying to catch LA and Vegas. If we run the table we would certainly overtake both of them. 

What if they run the table too?  Nothing is certain at this point.  But we still have a chance however small and that's all that matters. 

Go Canucks Go!

6 minutes ago, nux_win said:

What if they run the table too?  Nothing is certain at this point.  But we still have a chance however small and that's all that matters. 

Go Canucks Go!

They can’t ran the table if we canucks win all their games 

we have to play vgk and kings once each

6 hours ago, allegend said:

MoneyPuck has listed the Canucks' chance of making the playoffs as only 5.5%.

I thought it would have been around 10%, and with favourable out-of-town results

today, moving a little higher.

Tuesday's game against Vegas will be very big. It will be interesting to see what

the odds for both teams will be after that game.

Let's not kid ourselves. 5.5% is still being generous.

I'm just gonna enjoy the games. No expectation on playoffs.

Just wanna watch Podz continue to build on his game.

EP getting back in form and hope to see him put up a few more of those multi point games and hopefully get to 30 goals.

Looking forward to Hughes beating Lidster's record.

Watching Demko continuing to make some out of this world saves...

I'm even looking forward to Chiasson playing -- how his play is earning the respect of his teammates and fans.

If I have to predict, I'm predicting a loss to Vegas on Tuesday. I think that it will go to the OT or SO but maybe that's a wishful thinking.

As it turns out, this team plays best when they play freely without expectation. I think the players know there's a lot riding on that game and that may work against us.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

A lot of things can happen. It’s all probability at this point. 

Kings are very likely to fall out of the picture. Yes they have the easiest schedule of all teams pushing for a playoff spot, but they are without several major key players. 

Every game from here on out is crucial, but if we lose to Vegas, then our playoff hopes are all over. 

Edited by Odd.

We were 8-15-2 under TG

That's a 59 pt pace.... 

We are 27-13-8 under BB

That's a 106 pt pace... 

Same team folks... 

Canucks can beat every single one of the teams they will face in the next 9 games. Problem is, they are consistently inconsistent and that's what worries me.. I have no idea which Canucks team will come out.  It's hard to expect perfection from them for 9 games straight... 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

A lot of things can happen. It’s all probability at this point. 

Kings are very likely to fall out of the picture. Yes they have the easiest schedule of all teams pushing for a playoff spot, but they are without several major key players. 

Every game from here on out is crucial, but if we lose to Vegas, then our playoff hopes are all over. 

Vancouver's home record is awful. I have no idea why but they play differently at home. 

9 hours ago, mordekai said:

They can’t ran the table if we canucks win all their games 

we have to play vgk and kings once each

OK, but the point is that there are still too many variables to talk certainties.  GCG!