• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2022 at 02:00 AM

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Stars have a damn strong defence and enough toughness to intimidate the cowards on Calgary's top line.  Take out the turtle and the midget, and you'll expose the Flamers as the frauds that they are.  Stars in 6.

I said Stars in 7. The traitor ex goalie, can't remember his name, is dead to me. 

8 hours ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

The Flames are heavy, heavy favourites to win the Stanley Cup this year according to the experts.  One of the best teams the NHL has seen in a long, long time.  Markstrom, once again, according to the experts, is the run-away for the Conn Smythe. 

Didn't they say that about the Leafs for the past few years?

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't they say that about the Leafs for the past few years?

They've been saying it about the Leaf's every season after their last Stanley Cup win. 

• Haha 3

You can’t polish a turd and expect it to be anything other than a polished turd. Calgary’s core has been rumored for years of getting rebuilt because of being too soft, too lethargic in the playoffs, and underwhelming.

Markstrom’s great, but hasn’t had a solid playoff experience in his career. 

Don’t forget they let in what? 6 goals in the 3rd in game 7 against this very same Stars team. 

I haven’t drank the Calgary kool aid and I won’t start now. Their 3 40 goal scorers all have terrible playoff records. Markstrom’s run with us (his only PO run) got overshadowed by his backup. 

Stars in 5

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Vintage 1

Dallas are one of the worst teams in the playoffs, Calgary for me should be considered favourites.

They defend well as a team, have top shutdown defencemen, a very good goalie, Sutter who knows how to win and not to mention a top line which is one of the best in the league. They also have depth, with 30 goal scorers basically on their 3rd line.

Most things aside though, defence wins championships. You could argue they lack a true number 1 guy like Hedman/Ekblad but their team defending is outstanding and I bet that's what's going to get them the Cup (as much as I hate to say it).

Usually the playoffs are tight checking and won by strong defence and goalies but who knows how it'll go with this increased offence this season. I'm sure PPs will be down and generally top lines will be checked well as usual, leading to depth scoring winning series.

22 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Going with the Flames on this one. They just have too much firepower, and the firepower from the Stars is hit and miss depending on the game.

Dallas may not have a single lead throughout this series.