The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

9 goals and 9 assists in 20 games.  Kuz is contributing way above his contract.  We need to do a full dumperoo of Garland so we can afford to keep Kuz. 

I was thinking the same, we must move some one out to make way for Kuz. Either Graland ( $5 mill ) or Boeser ( $6.5 mill )I doubt he'll come cheap.

The other constraint Rutherford has is he stated during an interview,  that " we have some good ones coming" (D) which limits who he can sign today to add a D'man immediately.  As much as it saddens me to say this I'm thinking Bear ( Dermot either ) may not be resigned. H'e s good now but it sound like Rutherford have cheaper option that he believes in for next season. Maybe Filip Johansson ( playing in the SEL )  and by all accounts doing well ( I've never seen him play )

On 11/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, -AJ- said:

Won't he be a UFA, given that he'll be 27 by the end of the year? I'm not sure he'll want a bridge, though that would be nicer for us.

I'd be surprised if he went for a bridge, it'd be a dumb on his part imo. He'll be 27 in February and this may be his one opportunity to get a larger money deal with good term on it, his agent should probably push him to cash in on it. If he continues to produce and puts up top six level production he'll be very in demand with the cap supposedly set to jump a good chunk, lot of teams would probably be interested. 

I don't think we'll be able to afford him, if we're out of it closer to the deadline he should probably be traded. 

I hate to say this, because I love the guy. As someone mentioned earlier, he is not afraid to go to the net, and we do not have many that have the timing to do that........

I think he is scoring at the rate he is because he is with Pettersson and PP, and would probably drop a little on a lesser line..................

So.............Trade and take the picks or 7 years at $4,750,000...........it's a risk, yes! But I think it would work for both sides.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I hate to say this, because I love the guy. As someone mentioned earlier, he is not afraid to go to the net, and we do not have many that have the timing to do that........

I think he is scoring at the rate he is because he is with Pettersson and PP, and would probably drop a little on a lesser line..................

So.............Trade and take the picks or 7 years at $4,750,000...........it's a risk, yes! But I think it would work for both sides.

Do we need to fully dumperoo Garland first?  

6 hours ago, Muttley said:

It would be interesting if the Team replied to tweets like this with a downward arrow, every time Kuz goes pointless or gives up a bad turnover.

Maybe agents would stop playing the stupid tweet game, and do their business like professionals.

TLDR- I'm not a fan of media and fan manipulation.

Do your job, quietly and with class.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Gurn said:

It would be interesting if the Team replied to tweets like this with a downward arrow, every time Kuz goes pointless or gives up a bad turnover.

Maybe agents would stop playing the stupid tweet game, and do their business like professionals.

Couldn't agree more. These Player agents and the media remind me of the old ambulance chasers.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Gurn said:

That would certainly inspire loyalty and encourage him to re-sign with the team. Do you find that people are easier to negotiate with if you slap them in the face first? I would normally only do that if I have them over a barrel.

Edited by WeneedLumme

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

That would certainly inspire loyalty and encourage him to re-sign with the team. Do you find that people are easier to negotiate with if you slap them in the face first? I would normally only do that if I have them over a barrel.

Maybe ask the agent how this type of thing helps? After all, it seems to be how this guy  does it.

I think the tweet probably suggests that Kuz is "money" on a breakaway or OT, doubt any agent would be that blatant and disrespectful. Kuz is on a 2PPG rate in his last 5 games but had a really quiet stretch too, and is playing on the wing of one of the smartest centers in the league.

I think he's worth 6M max - he doesn't defend or kill penalties or hit that much, he just scores, and does offence very well. Boeser's deal was wrongly inflated a bit by his RFA status but a PPG player is probably worth around 6-7ish million nowadays. You've got to think there's a little discount for helping him settle into Northern America and surrounding him with Russians.

6 x 6 in a heart beat if he continues this play all year.

To make it happen, you get rid of Garland and Pearson easily, that's 8.2M right there. I've said it before but Garland straight up for Peeke and Pearson fora 4th and we could still fit 6M worth of Kuz.