The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Brock Boeser

As for Brock - just like aGENT and others who spent a considerable time saying we needn't worry about his QO ... it came to pass.    It's a fair deal...at this cap hit Brock scoring 60ish points would be enough to really help the team and push up his value.    JR/Allvin did exactly what they said they would as in offer him a 2/3 year deal.   And of course it wouldn't come in more then his QO offer in this case.   One year of UFA bought, and puts him at 11th highest paid RW (for now, others will get paid during his contract and bump him down).   It also puts the onus on him to perform...like we know he can, and puts him in a position to cash in with cap going up his final year, likely quite a bit.   It's a fair deal.   Given our taxes it's actually more like 22nd take home too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I would easily bet Boeser & Kuzmenko combine for 40 goals...

It would be a safer bet than Miller gets 95 + points again?  (Particularly for us :P ) 

Well he has no cap to work with so he needs top 4 d and forward to replace some of miller points In trade hopefully he nails it 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I hope all our players are training their guts out this off season.

As professional athletes they are not only paid to do this, they should be driven to do this.

To give them and our team the best chance of success.

Well no $&!#..... but they don't always do.. brocks off-season training has been pretty lax the last few years. Less time wake boarding more skating please. 

27 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

Well no $&!#..... but they don't always do.. brocks off-season training has been pretty lax the last few years. Less time wake boarding more skating please. 

Ergo my comment.

16 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There goes Dickenson and Poolman....

Good. They both had rather rough years. Dickenson at least started to show some spark under Boudreau. Don't think we really got a chance to assess Poolman but under Green he struggled like the rest of the team.

• Vintage 2

16 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I hear you and I'm not panicking ^_^

But what does concern me is that we were WAY too reliant on Demko night in/night out.   

That's simply unsustainable and needs to be addressed. 

If he has even an 'average' season next year we're done for without substantial changes elsewhere in personnel and/or team structure.

Signing Boeser is great,  but in the big picture it doesn't improve us it 'maintains' us to a point. 

You look at NYR if you have a top 5 goalie and he plays great you run with it. If we could add a young Rd similar to Schneider in a Miller trade oh would we be so set up and add top prospect or draft pick we need to make the Miller trade.. Not easy making the playoffs but if you have a great going you can go a long ways..

SO lucky to have Demko #35...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

And Nonis's too...bringing in Schneider plus one of the best drafts in club history , no second rounder that had already been traded - then Edler (last 3rd rounder ... 2004 wow we've had make an impact),  Brown who played quite a few games with us and Hansen    Plus of course he traded for Luongo.   Might have been some others later but those guys also were a key part in Gillis's team.   Nonis had a raw deal having to wait until Burke's cap ran out, was replaced and the hero Gillis went out and offered Sundin 20 million over two years!   Crazy really.    Gillis was great at cap management and keeping Nonis and Burke's team together.   And making it a pro org from top to bottom...all 3 deserve credit for that team.    But yes Burke and Nonis assembled it. 

what really hurts is losing Markstrom and Tanev, Taffoki for nothing?? That kind of stuff can't happen.. Even if we signed Markstrom and then moved him?

Very very poor asset management previous years..

Love new management team, they will never let someone walk for nothing just look at Motte..

Great job by Allvin signing Boeser 3X 6.6 -- Rathbone 2 yrs X 850,000, Juulson , Lockwood along with coaches busy productive day by management team..

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

what really hurts is losing Markstrom and Tanev, Taffoki for nothing?? That kind of stuff can't happen.. Even if we signed Markstrom and then moved him?

Love new management team, they will never let someone walk for nothing just look at Motte..

Great job by Allvin signing Boeser 3X 6.6 -- Rathbone 2 yrs X 850,000, Juulson , Lockwood along with coaches busy productive day by management team..

I think it was okay to move on from those guys (Although Tanev was a HUGE loss) but then we shouldn’t have brought other guys who cost more to replace, like Schmidt and Holtby.  The Bennng “day to day” no plan.  Got good management again.

36 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You look at NYR if you have a top 5 goalie and he plays great you run with it. If we could add a young Rd similar to Schneider in a Miller trade oh would we be so set up and add top prospect or draft pick we need to make the Miller trade.. Not easy making the playoffs but if you have a great going you can go a long ways..

SO lucky to have Demko #35...

We need to keep Miller and find another way to acquire a RHD.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

We need to keep Miller and find another way to acquire a RHD.

Are we really close enough to competing with the top teams in series play (right now) that adding a D man (Tanev level) to play with Hughes puts us not serious contention?  I love the Brock signing.  Just not too sure about Miller and (to a lesser extent) Bo.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are we really close enough to competing with the top teams in series play (right now) that adding a D man (Tanev level) to play with Hughes puts us not serious contention?  I love the Brock signing.  Just not too sure about Miller and (to a lesser extent) Bo.

maybe if we can fix some of our bottom 6 mistakes along with that. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This idea that you have to be close to winning the Cup to keep your vets is completely asinine.

It makes no sense at all unless you’re a bottom feeder looking to rebuild.

Again for the idontknowhowmanytimesnow, the Canucks brought in a Cup winning management team.

They’re not rebuilding.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

This idea that you have to be close to winning the Cup to keep your vets is completely asinine.

It makes no sense at all unless you’re a bottom feeder looking to rebuild.

Again for the idontknowhowmanytimesnow, the Canucks brought in a Cup winning management team.

They’re not rebuilding.

If JR was brought in to do what Gillis did then hopefully he does as good a job and we are Cup contenders.  

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I would easily bet Boeser & Kuzmenko combine for 40 goals...

It would be a safer bet than Miller gets 95 + points again?  (Particularly for us :P ) 

Coach B will have our special teams off to a better start than Green last year as well.

EP won't have that slow a start again. With Miller our offense should be fine, it's our defense that needs help. Our Defense was quite patchwork last year. One big nasty Zad or Manson type would be a upgrade on Hunt for sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I don't think there was a way to sign Markstrom and move him.  He wanted trade protection and would be able to command it with his upcoming contract.  It was keep Demko and lose Markstrom for nothing, or sign Markstrom and move on from Demko.

Markstrom had no reason to want to sign with the Canucks just to be traded.  He was a UFA.  Why not just sign somewhere he wants to be with trade protection.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, tas said:

looking forward to the jt miller video. 

We are keeping them both. No need for video, you will see all our big guns live next season in a Canuck uniform. 

Edited by grandmaster
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2