The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kaprizov Flees, and is now Wanted in Russia

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, of course, cuz Russia has such a history of fair judicial treatment.

There's a major difference between the type of injustice critics and opponents of Putin and Kremlin face and what's going on with these specific athletes.  In the case of those in Samigullin's circle, there is actual malfeasance involved--like I said, it's analogous to Kane's use of fake vaccination card.

The main thing I'm trying to stress is that Podkolzin and Kuzmenko (and most other Russian hockey players) are not in danger of suffering the same fate, as was the original concern when the Fedotov story first broke.

1 minute ago, Undrafted said:

There's a major difference between the type of injustice critics and opponents of Putin and Kremlin face and what's going on with these specific athletes.  In the case of those in Samigullin's circle, there is actual malfeasance involved--like I said, it's analogous to Kane's use of fake vaccination card.

The main thing I'm trying to stress is that Podkolzin and Kuzmenko (and most other Russian hockey players) are not in danger of suffering the same fate, as was the original concern when the Fedotov story first broke.

I appreciate your input; thank you very much for that.

However, I do not believe there is no further danger.

• Cheers 1

Thing is at this level of wealth as NHL players are making "5 mill +" you are hiring body guards. Just two bodyguards will cost you 150k each but are affordable at that salary. With 2 guards protecting you at all times, tasting your food, checking your vehicle etc you are safe. Of course Russia is mad but they can't do much to a protected source.

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Thing is at this level of wealth as NHL players are making "5 mill +" you are hiring body guards. Just two bodyguards will cost you 150k each but are affordable at that salary. With 2 guards protecting you at all times, tasting your food, checking your vehicle etc you are safe. Of course Russia is mad but they can't do much to a protected source.

Then the KGB offers one of the bodyguards $1 million US. And boom! 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hasn't he served his military service though? 

But yeah, it sucks. Sucks for players who just wanna play somewhere that isn't Russia, or for prospects who've grown up during a time where Russians regularly get drafted and go on to NHL careers. 

In the end they're just more people who suffer because of Putin and co's ego's, Russian or not. 

I was trying to figure out if Podkolzin had done his military service. It is only one year and, under some circumstances, it can be done while playing hockey but I do not see an obvious time when Podkolzin served.

According to his agent, Kuzmenko is ok, So presumably he has done his service or has a legitimate exemption. 

Hope everything is ok for these players. 

But I don't want to lose perspective. It more important for the Russian invasion of Ukraine to end.  

6 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I was trying to figure out if Podkolzin had done his military service. It is only one year and, under some circumstances, it can be done while playing hockey but I do not see an obvious time when Podkolzin served.

According to his agent, Kuzmenko is ok, So presumably he has done his service or has a legitimate exemption. 

Hope everything is ok for these players. 

But I don't want to lose perspective. It more important for the Russian invasion of Ukraine to end.  

Oh def, hockey doesn't even remotely compare in terms of importance. 

Just now, rekker said:

Putin can F off and die already. A heart attack would be too kind for that weasel. 

I believe the real danger is Putin using nukes or bio because his World War 2 equipment and strategies are just not working and his new armaments are rapidly depleting.

He is clearly insane.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Reminds me of the now-ancient, "All quiet on the Western front."

Like: for now; and 'as far as we know' etc; it's not good enough

If I had any say in any of this, I would be getting everybody and their families out asap.

Young men in Russia are going to die before the world gets rid of this scourge.

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Reminds me of the now-ancient, "All quiet on the Western front."

Like: for now; and 'as far as we know' etc; it's not good enough

If I had any say in any of this, I would be getting everybody and their families out asap.

Young men in Russia are going to die before the world gets rid of this scourge.

"I understood it to be true."

"I might have misunderstood..."

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I might be in the minority here.  But if there's a way to get Minni's 1st round pick in 2023....I'd be looking at it.

No Fiala, No Kaprizov.  Go get it

Kaprizov is already back in the US. He fled back to the United States already. But yeah, Minny is a team I'd bet against in 2023 regardless.