The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If he has a strong showing and either Boeser/ Kuzmenko get shipped out after this season, I wonder if he'll get a chance with the big club.  
Passive defending aside, it still does take offensive talent to take advantage of the double screen by the Austrians, plus one of his guys in front.  
Alternatively, if Miller somehow gets moved (I hope he does) we could use a right-handed shot patrolling the left wall so that he can shoot on his forehand.
Hopefully Lekkerimaki could realize his potential and become the team's PP QB.

2 hours ago, winthecup said:

So what is his bust probability status at? 

There's a chance, but even if I would admit that some fans (like myself) are maybe too slow to acknowledge when a player won't turn out, he's just 18, and even the most pessimistic of fans would admit that it's too early to completely write him off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

If he has a strong showing and either Boeser/ Kuzmenko get shipped out after this season, I wonder if he'll get a chance with the big club.  
Passive defending aside, it still does take offensive talent to take advantage of the double screen by the Austrians, plus one of his guys in front.  
Alternatively, if Miller somehow gets moved (I hope he does) we could use a right-handed shot patrolling the left wall so that he can shoot on his forehand.

He'll be in Sweden this season and next. Then we'll bring him over.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

There is.

But we don't use the B word until 3 years of euro development, 2 years spent between the nhl and ahl and then him being put on waivers and picked up by another team

It's the Canuck way

:bigblush:

Lol commmmon now! Haha

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

There's a chance, but even if I would admit that some fans (like myself) are maybe too slow to acknowledge when a player won't  turn out, he's just 18, and even the most pessimistic of fans would admit that it's too early to completely write him off.

I think how he rebounds the rest of year and how he starts next year after a full healthy off season will be when we have a better read on things 

its best to be optimistic though rn 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

He should probably at least prove he can hang in Sweden's second tier before we plunk him in the NHL

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

nice to see that NHL caliber shot on display. He still has a lot of work and personal growth to do before playing in the NHL but its clear why we drafted him. There is no guarantee with this prospect but if he puts it all together the payoff could be huge considering where he was drafted. Hope this tournament helps his confidence and overall experience and he is able to translate more success in the SEL 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

He should probably at least prove he can hang in Sweden's second tier before we plunk him in the NHL

So true! How many prospects have the Canucks rushed into the NHL and ruined their development? To many to count. The fact that Hogs-Podz and Klim are down in Abby suggests that this management group wants to actually develop their players. 

• There it is 1