The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Big time disappointment this off-season so far?

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol the Fire JB crowd turned into the Fire JR/PA crowd real fast. 

Think you guys need to go cheer for a new team. 

Nah. I am not bashing the new regime per se. It's just hilarious how this fanbase praised so much for something so little.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If we wait until next trade deadline to deal Miller, we aren’t getting more. He will be older and most likely have a hard time reaching 99 points again.

If the Canucks are in a playoff race then there will.not be a trade meaning Miller walks as a UFA.

Canucks stay perpetually on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Nah. I am not bashing the new regime per se. It's just hilarious how this fanbase praised so much for something so little.

Fair enough.

I never expected anything knowing big trade involving Miller like players typically happens on the 2nd day of the draft. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AlphaNuck said:

Since the arrival of new management now going through a trade deadline and draft I give them at this point 4/10 

the only 4 points they get is hiring Bruce.

to this day it’s very well bennings team on the ice 

but the management didn't even hire bruce lol he's not even the guy for the management

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

If the Canucks are in a playoff race then there will.not be a trade meaning Miller walks as a UFA.

Canucks stay perpetually on the outside looking in.

It would be the canuck way to have that happen. I find it so hard to see how all these other teams continually make deals and we just struggle to have anything exciting happen in the off-season. We are never one of the teams. I guess that shows how bad the previous management team was with their assets.

• Like 1

Why does it seem Aqua got himself too involved again and got brushed off by none other... Lou Lamiorello

If you watch Aqua go up on stage when the Canucks made their pick, JR balks at standing next to the Canucks owner.

Rewind the tape.

Edited by BureBurrito
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Sakic had fans going crazy about taking so long to make a trade..Duchene sat out for months.. I feel Vancouver will clear some cap space before July 13th first day of UFA signing..So many teams over pay for UFA players...Sure hope new management team doesn't make mistake like previous GM groups for years..

Don't sign and over pay for players... 

We can't sign and over pay players at the moment, we have 4 roster spots to fill with just over 5.5 million using all of our LTIR.  So the sooner we trade Miller the better it is for the team.  We need to upgrade our defense which likely isn't going to happen with max 2 million to do it with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

its why they call it patience. 

Is it patience though? I don't know what path we're on but it really does seem like they are just standing pat and not taking any direction at all. All theyve done is fire and hire execs. They havn't changed the course JB set they haven't done anything to improve that course now or in the future. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thrago said:

We can't sign and over pay players at the moment, we have 4 roster spots to fill with just over 5.5 million using all of our LTIR.  So the sooner we trade Miller the better it is for the team.  We need to upgrade our defense which likely isn't going to happen with max 2 million to do it with.

Trade Miller did I hallucinate the draft happening today? 

I am disappointed because I have been waiting to see what JR and PAs Canucks are going to look like. 
Draft picks are draft picks, won’t know for several years. 
Ultimately Drafted a small RW that isn’t a great skater. Maybe he is going to be great, I hope so.

‘It is just that so far the new Canucks still look like and are acting like Benning’s Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Great but the fact is he is likely going to decline after 30. Having him on this team is still not going to get us where we want to be eventually. Stanley cup contenders. The age just doesn’t fit this group. The money doesn’t fit. The assets we could get do. People just seem to care that we just make the playoffs. 

This team as it was last year could have made the playoffs with BB at the helm to start, would we get far? No of course not, that's why the run at depth and how do you know he's not working the phones atm for something better than maybe work out draft picks. 50/50 so why not go young prospects and take your time for the best deal? 

And JT is just now hitting his prime, I'd offer a 5-6 year deal no problem @ 8-9 all day

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If he gets injured or has a down season, they have lost that bet. It’s dumb to try to go through another season and so risky. It could easily blow up in their faces.

Miller would also have lost that bet. If Miller has a down season, it has a potential to cost him 10m+ dollars over 7 years. 

We pay a pretty penny im sure for guys  to run this multi billion dollar business.  Should you really act like you know better than them based off some tweets and a 2 1/2 hour game on tv? Lay off the panic button and your vision will become more clear!

All but 7 contracts are up in two years. That's legit a fresh start under EP Huggy and demko. Followed by OEL, Garland, boeser and unfortunately poolman. Is that really the end of the world with these guys? I don't think so.

We don't have alot in the cupboards, can you change the past? No. So why live in it. Just move on and realize we have a damn near clean slate if everyone can develop a little bit of patience. I get it's a big ask with how our teams been ran in the past but still. I'd chill out because we are not that bad off compared to some teams IMO

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

ANY player can get hurt or not live up to expectations.

I get the thinking that his value is the highest now....but maybe that's worth considering in keeping him? I mean, trade him away for picks and prospects and that's not a sure fire guarantee either. There's always risk involved.

I think people feel like he's going to abruptly hit a wall and fall apart. I just don't see that being a realistic view...he's ultra competitive and, like Burr, his desire to win is his driving force. He HATES losing and wears that on his sleeve. You don't just get rid of those guys and, if you do, you better be getting what they're worth. There's a reason he created some hype out there. 

Well said...  √√√√√

It might be more appropriate to judge this management group once training camp arrives. We'll know more about their direction then, as this offseason has just started, they still have a couple of months to make things happen.

I don't think we have enough info to judge JR/Alvin one way or the other right now.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I am disappointed because I have been waiting to see what JR and PAs Canucks are going to look like. 
Draft picks are draft picks, won’t know for several years. 
Ultimately Drafted a small RW that isn’t a great skater. Maybe he is going to be great, I hope so.

‘It is just that so far the new Canucks still look like and are acting like Benning’s Canucks. 

Go have a look and do some research and some vids, he actually surprised me, appears to have a better shot than Petey, slapshot anyway but he seems to get his wrist shot off faster although Petey seems to be better at it now

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Kinda funny seeing the Montreal envy here - their fan base seems really divided and a lot of people hate the Dach trade and not taking Wright at 1.

The stadium went crazy when hearing dachs name.  

But yes they should have taken wright.