The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

people are laughing at Calgary right now here. But this also further hurts the trade value Miller has as well. 

If I were a team looking for a winger I would rather go for Tkachuk over Miller considering the age + he's an RFA after the contract expires.

its hard to say. Is there much overlap between teams who want Miller vs where Tkatchup wants to go? I can't see Vegas, Dallas or St Louis making a big pitch for Miller. Maybe Nashville but they don't really have good pieces for us back. 

people are laughing at Calgary right now here. But this also further hurts the trade value Miller has as well. 

If I were a team looking for a winger I would rather go for Tkachuk over Miller considering the age + he's an RFA after the contract expires.

How? This management group cannot make a trade to save their lives. Alvin openly said that no teams called him for Miller as the guy that was rumored to be part of a trade package was traded.

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

How? This management group cannot make a trade to save their lives. Alvin openly said that no teams called him for Miller as the guy that was rumored to be part of a trade package was traded.

Our new management are trying to cleanup the Benning mess.  They were able to do a full dumperoo of Hamonic.  But the Benning disaster is way bigger than just Hamonic.  OEL, Myers, Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman all need to go.  But Benning left no picks/prospects to attach as sugar to get rid of his left over craperolla.  

Miller has value.  This management team isn’t going to do a “Benning” and make a bigger mess by doing something incredibly stupid.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our new management are trying to cleanup the Benning mess.  They were able to do a full dumperoo of Hamonic.  But the Benning disaster is way bigger than just Hamonic.  OEL, Myers, Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman all need to go.  But Benning left no picks/prospects to attach as sugar to get rid of his left over craperolla.  

Miller has value.  This management team isn’t going to do a “Benning” and make a bigger mess by doing something incredibly stupid.  

Whos going to replace OEL, Myers and Pearson?

A deal with the Devils (so to speak) could be plausible given the family ties Tkachuk has to GM Tom Fitzgerald. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of deal the Flames can pull off here. Do it right and they can reload their prospect cupboard overnight. 

Or teams that missed out on Tkachuk will circle back at Miller after their rival possibly could land Tkachuk.  Price for Tkachuk will also be much higher and might price out some teams that will now look at Miller.

Who knows, can be good or bad.

• Like 1

One of the biggest differences I see is that we've finally got a good coaching staff and managerial direction. Very pro model. Calgary has had inconsistent coaching recently, Sutter is ok but maybe not for star players. 

JB managed to get us some star players and sound middle six guys and our goalie luck too. (I think we're going to be lucky with Spence too.) But JB couldn't find defenseman and he couldn't find a coach. Our stars have been gelling at the right time, having battled through so much difficulty together. Coach B has come in at the right time to put pieces together and get the most out of our leadership group, esp Miller. Now our new management has gone on and rejigged our bottom six. And has started to focus on our  development of new players. Calgary is imploding right now, Guedreau wants a fresh start somewhere, Tchuk wants a fresh start. Miller sounds like he wants to resign here iif possible. Miller sees the potential here. But by the looks of it the Calgary stars don't see as much upside in Cowtown. Tanev going down in the playoffs, Markstrom looking human in the playoffs. Guedreau and Tchuk are just reading the writing on the wall and want to get while the getting is good. 

I wonder if getting all the Canuck cast offs is weird too. And paying so much for Tofu? I really like our coaching and our  new leadership, and for all the derision JB gets, he did help us land some good pieces, Miller  included. 

10 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

A deal with the Devils (so to speak) could be plausible given the family ties Tkachuk has to GM Tom Fitzgerald. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of deal the Flames can pull off here. Do it right and they can reload their prospect cupboard overnight. 

He would be a really good winger to put beside Hughes. They have the pieces to get it done. 
St. Louis is pushing hard apparently (rumours).

22 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Or teams that missed out on Tkachuk will circle back at Miller after their rival possibly could land Tkachuk.  Price for Tkachuk will also be much higher and might price out some teams that will now look at Miller.

Who knows, can be good or bad.

Exactly this.  Whichever team gets Tkatchuk will put pressure on clubs in their division to match up.  If Jersey gets Tkatchuk we could see the Rangers and Islanders bidding huge on Miller.  

59 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Honestly this is why I was rooting for Colorado to not win the cup. 

You could imagine how the Avs and Sakic would have been desperate for Miller provided Kadri walked.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly this.  Whichever team gets Tkatchuk will put pressure on clubs in their division to match up.  If Jersey gets Tkatchuk we could see the Rangers and Islanders bidding huge on Miller.  

it would be funny if it was Columbus. 

Edited by JM_

13 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Miller can play center and isn't a locker room cancer.  Both of those have a lot of value over a gutless coward.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Miller can play center and isn't a locker room cancer.  Both of those have a lot of value over a gutless coward.

He was apparently traded out of NYR because he was an issue in the room back then.  He's grown since.  

Just now, mll said:

He was apparently traded out of NYR because he was an issue in the room back then.  He's grown since.  

That's fair. Tkachuk, on the other hand, has shown no signs that he's ever going to turn into a real man.  You're going to have trouble finding a locker room that will put up with that piece of garbage constantly disgracing their team.

• Like 1