The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] BOS appetite for JTM + 2023 Draft

So, BOS is gonna take another run at it.  Itll be interesting to see how things play out this year given their expiring contracts and aging stars.  If they are in a playoff position (and looking competitive) could they take a run at Miller before tearing it down?  

Cap issues would probably require the Canucks taking a UFA cap hit back as well.  And as far as a fair deal goes, I dont think BOS would be willing to sell the farm. Even if the Canucks are in a playoff position I think they should try to get assets back for Miller (my gut tells me mgmt will do it as well).

At/near TDL 

to BOS

JTM

to VAN

2023 1st

Prospect e.g Lysell etc. 

Contract to make cap work

OK so my next question is this: at the draft what would it take to get Bedard?

VAN 2023 1st, BOS 2023 1st, +, + ?

I wonder if Mr Aquillini might nudge mgmt a bit….?

Edited by Angry Goose

1 hour ago, Oregon.Duck said:

No one is trading 1OA. Bedard has the highest potential we've seen since McDavid. Unless he says he's going to hold out to join the Canucks...I doubt it happens :D 

14 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Only time we get Bedard is in 8 years time when he becomes a UFA and walks to us :P

Joining the 2x champs to go for a 3 peat

In hindsight it does seem ridiculous to even think about.  Too much coffee today :blush: :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Bedard would probably cost something like two unprotected firsts, Hughes, and Demko.   Not saying that this ask is his actual value on the ice yo a team, but any team holding that pick is going to ask for the sun and stars just because they can.  If he continues to develop on his current path,  CB should be a 'franchise altering' level player so a team will need to decide what that value is to them I suppose. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Boston's not hungry.

They're starving... 1 last kick at the can with Krejci and bergy coming back.

JTM for 2023 1st (top 2 protected) and Lysell is pretty bang on IMO..

Edited by AriGold
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 2:34 PM, Angry Goose said:

So, BOS is gonna take another run at it.  Itll be interesting to see how things play out this year given their expiring contracts and aging stars.  If they are in a playoff position (and looking competitive) could they take a run at Miller before tearing it down?  

Cap issues would probably require the Canucks taking a UFA cap hit back as well.  And as far as a fair deal goes, I dont think BOS would be willing to sell the farm. Even if the Canucks are in a playoff position I think they should try to get assets back for Miller (my gut tells me mgmt will do it as well).

At/near TDL 

to BOS

JTM

to VAN

2023 1st

Prospect e.g Lysell etc. 

Contract to make cap work

VAN 2023 1st, BOS 2023 1st, +, + ?

I wonder if Mr Aquillini might nudge mgmt a bit….?

Best way to get Bedard would be to simply swap the Abbotsford and Vancouver lineups

All Vancouver players play the full season in Abby, all Abby players play the full season in Vancouver.

Season record: 4-77-1. 

1st OA is ours. Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Best way to get Bedard would be to simply swap the Abbotsford and Vancouver lineups

All Vancouver players play the full season in Abby, all Abby players play the full season in Vancouver.

deal!

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Oooo...Calder Cup baby!

• Cheers 1