The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Virtanen to Oilers (PTO/1 year)

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

Oil picked up our broken Kassian and saw him turn it around. It’s a very low risk move with Virtanen, who should be desperate to prove he can grow up at this point.

Great fit for Edmonton on there 3rd line adds speed and size..

He gets head on GP 75 - G 18-20 --- PTS 36--44

If I was Virtanen I would want PTO with eastern team less rumours and very close to girl in court case?

I say big Jake takes PTO back east and gets away from rumour mills in these Canadian hockey markets..

9 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

Guess who MAY be back in the division :huh:

DSqzAqXO_mini.jpg

Billy Stefan

@BillyStefnhl
· Aug 30
Look for Jake Virtanen to join #letsgooilers on a PTO with a chance to earn a 1 year 750k deal.

Unless post comes from Friedman or another hockey insider all rumours...Virtanen will get PTO offers for sure..

He has talent and knows it might be his last chance in the NHL..Jake will be ready finally..

2022-23 - GP 75 - G 18 -  PTS 36--41 -- 3rd line-- 13 mins per game..

14 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I find it funny how some people think of him as a scum even though he's had his day in court and has been acquitted, Besides that, What make him a bad person? 

For all we know that gold digger tried to hit the jackpot. I'd sue her if I was Jake for defamation.

Hope to see him back in the NHL and gets his life back on track.

There was no mention of extrajudicial settlement discussions and the case made it to trial and terminated in trial. Court system doesn't award survivors of sexual assault with compensation, it only enforces punishment for people found guilty. So we can be pretty certain she wasn't trying to 'hit the jackpot'....a pretty disgusting assumption. There are a # of issues with sexual assault convictions in Canada, and only 1/15 of reported cases end up with charges, because our court system requires such an intensive burden of proof, and doesn't account for things like trauma related to the event; people being charged with sexual assault like Jake was also tend to chose juries because they can participate in the jury selection process and there's a higher chance a juror will have wildly off base perceptions about sexual assault and block unanimous decision making...people who make posts like the one I'm quoting, for example.

Regardless of the case, if you're from Vancouver you probably saw a lot of people posting their negative interactions with Jake on social media. He doesn't seem to be a great guy and hasn't shown any accountability regarding his terribly HOCKEY work ethic either, nevermind his other behavior.

I doubt he makes a difference in Edmonton, even if he makes the team. Most likely AHL fodder until he disappears into the sunset. Maybe we'll see him one day on a revival of Making the Cut.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Jake has endured the most difficult year of his life and will have to re-invent himself if he wants to continue his

NHL career.  He has an opportunity to turn his hockey career around, but it won't be an easy thing for him to

do, as he has shown some character flaws that significantly hinder the determination and work ethic one needs

to be a pro athlete. 

Even before last year's allegations came up, Jake was not performing well and most considered his recent

contract renewal to be a big mistake.  Most fans considered Jake a 'bust' as a 5th overall pick.

My hope for Jake is that he signs with a team that is as far from Vancouver as possible.  He needs to concentrate

on rebuilding his career and working harder that he likely ever has in his life.  Whether he has the gumption to do

what needs to be done, remains to be seen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I find it funny how some people think of him as a scum even though he's had his day in court and has been acquitted, Besides that, What make him a bad person? 

For all we know that gold digger tried to hit the jackpot. I'd sue her if I was Jake for defamation.

Hope to see him back in the NHL and gets his life back on track.

You haven't been paying attention then. Plenty of cases of people interacting with him where he was a total d bag. I for one have a lady friend that was harassed by him at a bar, and that is far from the only story. Just because the court didn't have enough proof to convict him of a crime notoriously hard to prove doesn't mean he is actually innocent and certainly doesn't equit him of being a terrible person.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

There was no mention of extrajudicial settlement discussions and the case made it to trial and terminated in trial. Court system doesn't award survivors of sexual assault with compensation, it only enforces punishment for people found guilty. So we can be pretty certain she wasn't trying to 'hit the jackpot'....a pretty disgusting assumption. There are a # of issues with sexual assault convictions in Canada, and only 1/15 of reported cases end up with charges, because our court system requires such an intensive burden of proof, and doesn't account for things like trauma related to the event; people being charged with sexual assault like Jake was also tend to chose juries because they can participate in the jury selection process and there's a higher chance a juror will have wildly off base perceptions about sexual assault and block unanimous decision making...people who make posts like the one I'm quoting, for example.

Regardless of the case, if you're from Vancouver you probably saw a lot of people posting their negative interactions with Jake on social media. He doesn't seem to be a great guy and hasn't shown any accountability regarding his terribly HOCKEY work ethic either, nevermind his other behavior.

I doubt he makes a difference in Edmonton, even if he makes the team. Most likely AHL fodder until he disappears into the sunset. Maybe we'll see him one day on a revival of Making the Cut.

She filed a civil lawsuit seeking monetary damages well before Virtanen was charged criminally.  Virtanen counter sued...