The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO would look great in a Bruins jersey to be honest.  Could play with Marchand and Pastrnak.  Thay have lots of cap space for next year and most likely Bergeron and Krejci will be gone...

More and more I think he is gone, before the end of this season, likely by New Years.

Not much choice, really. Bo is one of the few that can get good return, without having to add sweeteners or having to retain cap.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO would look great in a Bruins jersey to be honest.  Could play with Marchand and Pastrnak.  Thay have lots of cap space for next year and most likely Bergeron and Krejci will be gone...

If we get to the point where it looks like Bo doesn't want to return I'd explore Horvat to Colorado, his not having an extension in place might actually work for them. Maybe if we retain on his deal you could throw Carolina, St. Louis, or a few others as teams who might rent him to try and break through. I'd try and move Miller to Boston as mentioned above, maybe Washington if it really looks like Backstrom may never play again. I firmly believe we're better off moving him if we can. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Alright there buddy, now you've gone too far. Lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd even consider something extreme for Miller: an albatross like Jeff Skinner, for example. You'd have to imagine Buff would add lots of goodies/ +++ ?

Skinner had 63 points last year. He's actually done a commendable job at salvaging his career in my opinion. 

Obviously he's not worth anything close to 9 mil, but just wanted to give a shoutout to Skinner. I'm actually happy for him.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Needs a team with a solid, veteran leadership group and solid 2 way players to put around him. Teams like Calgary, Boston, Pittsburgh, maybe Washington come to mind.

Haven't looked, but at least some of those must have cap coming off next year where we maybe only need to take a ~$3m'ish (preferably shorter 2-3 year term) guy back. Boston IIRC has some LTIR to play with currently as well.

Boston next year lose their top two centers who signed a one year deal and they would have more the enough room for Miller.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo was putting in effort while Miller sulked with his head up his ass. Again. 

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Skinner had 63 points last year. He's actually done a commendable job at salvaging his career in my opinion. 

Obviously he's not worth anything close to 9 mil, but just wanted to give a shoutout to Skinner. I'm actually happy for him.

Last I looked,  it was a team sport.

Some if you posters take this way too seriously …

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Yuppp. I'm sure there must have been others, but I really don't recall any. I was one of the very few that was down for this trade when it was rumored last year. Still wish we would have accepted it.  That pick ended up being Brad Lambert, who dropped massively. Could have been our top center prospect, and Lundkvist would have been out top defensive prospect.

Not to mention that Chytil currently has as many points as Miller (and has likely been playing better overall)

IMHAO we can thank our owner for pulling Miller off the market.  Our owner has to keep his nose out of the philosophical direction of the club.  Let JR take a couple steps back! 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Some idiot does something idiotic and SS thinks it makes a point.

Well 'The Few' do represent 'The Many', right?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Obviously, no player should ever be heckled, chirped or anything like that when out living their lives as private citizens, regardless of whether or not they are with their family. But especially not when out with their family. Very disappointing that some people need that explained to them (no one here obviously, just the people referred to in the tweet)

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 2