The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Can we please stop talking about Green and his systems? Such a stupid conversation. You can't see every system and coaching direction through your TV for starters. Green may have sucked but he wasn't deploying some crazy alien systems ffs. He's been coached by very good coaches, better than here, and is using very common systems. I know people have this need to pile endless blame on Green and try to demonize every aspect of his being but holy crap.

It's 2022-2023, we are coached by the great BB. Enough already! :frantic:

Or: Its entirely possible that in like every other part of this sport, some coaches are simply not as good as others, which ends up being reflected in their long term record, and others are masters of their craft, which is reflected in THEIR long term record. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Not me; I'll go >   Ilya Mikheyev — JT Miller — Vasily Podkolzin < for the first line. Pods was working good with JT late last season. Looked like a good fit.

I feel like the way jt tends to meander laterally through the neutral zone would kind of waste mikheyev's speed. I think mikheyev might match up best with bo's north-south style. 

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Not me; I'll go >   Ilya Mikheyev — JT Miller — Vasily Podkolzin < for the first line. Pods was working good with JT late last season. Looked like a good fit.

Garland-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Petey-Kuzmenko

Pearson-Horvat-Mikheyev

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

I feel like the way jt tends to meander laterally through the neutral zone would kind of waste mikheyev's speed. I think mikheyev might match up best with bo's north-south style. 

Agreed - Garland and Boeser can complement that style of play better. Bo can spring Mikheyev for breakways, and then bang home rebounds, while being the de facto shutdown line.

13 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Garland-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Petey-Kuzmenko

Pearson-Horvat-Mikheyev

Yes I agree. Boudreau said Mikheyev is playing the right side and he likes Garland on the left. Could be challenging having 2 righties on one line and 2 lefties on another but the fit is there I think to at least have one line as a quasi shutdown line while still rolling 3 lines. 

I guess Höglander will start in Abby then. He’s not a 4th liner and Boudreau won’t play him there. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Boeser and Pearson are not a fit with JT miller IMO either. What it sais above about Horvat with Podkolzin doesn't sound right to me either. Podkolzin was working well

with Miller towards the end of last year. Podz was learning quickly and easily. Granted Boudreau has new faces to work with and find the best spots for. My guess is 

it will take all of camp and the preseason games to figure out the best deadly Canuck machine to rock into the regular season..

And they will be deadly!!:angry:        Orcs Marching GIF | Gfycat

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

59 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Boeser and Pearson are not a fit with JT miller IMO either. What it sais above about Horvat with Podkolzin doesn't sound right to me either. Podkolzin was working well

with Miller towards the end of last year. Podz was learning quickly and easily. Granted Boudreau has new faces to work with and find the best spots for. My guess is 

it will take all of camp and the preseason games to figure out the best deadly Canuck machine to rock into the regular season..

They were pretty much our best line with JT on it last season.  Pearson is too underrated here.  He was a play driver on pretty much every line he played.  He may not be the quickest player, but he's very smart and knows how to battle along the boards.

It sounds like they're gonna start with Garland and Miller together to start, from what I hear from the BB interview.

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Mikheyev

Joshua - Lazar - Dickinson

OEL - Hughes

Rathbone - Myers

Dermott - Schenn

IR Poolman

I think Hoglander is going to be sent down to the AHL unless Kuzmenko doesn't start well.  Don't think Hoglander is a good fit on the fourth line.  Bruce is going to want a more stable defensive 4th line.

• Like 3