The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Rachel Doerrie

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

• 3 weeks later...

She might be petty but so far she's been proven right.

And it looks pretty bad on this management team.

I rather have someone smart running my team even if they are an asshole, as long as they can get the results. Gillis is a good example.

All the good ol' boys we've had in the organization since then whether it's management or coaching have brought us nothing except one of the darkest periods in franchise history.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Good for her, I hope she figures out what she wants to do next and moves on with her life, she's got lots of time to figure things out. Don't see why it's gotta be some big bitter thing for the fanbase. I don't care if she's petty or not, how dare she. 

But then again, this market is rabid.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The old “you can’t fire me I quit” move.

She wasn’t getting another job in hockey so she can say that all she wants.

She's still in her mid 20's. Never is a long time.

Some of you really seem to be taking this thing personally. What exactly has she done to trigger y'all in this way? Is having a vagina really that much of an issue...

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Some of you really seem to be taking this thing personally. What exactly has she done to trigger y'all in this way? Is having a vagina really that much of an issue...

How do you know the people that are mad have a vagina? Oh, you meant Rachel. Well this is just a case of crybabies that are mad and won't let go. We see it pretty often, and you don't need to have lady parts to be a target. Hell, a lotta folks here still have Vietnam flashbacks when you reference our fav Lays eating baldman. Who did have an awkward fascination with calling McDavid. 

I think the fact she lawyered up probably means there's more to this than what most people realize.

That said we don't really know the full story so I want take sides on this.

Having said that I've seen some derogatory and sexist comments describing her here (i.e the B word or "chick") I would suggest to refrain from that. It doesn't make us look any better as fans and members on this forum. 

• Cheers 2

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if it has something to do with Rutherford, Alvin and Aqualini.

She also praised the coaching staff and named every coach as tremendous people.

• Upvote 1

My guess is her numbers were warning JR about how Tyler Myers belonged in the ECHL along with OEL. Jimbo didn't like what he was told and sent her packing.

In all honesty we should wait this out before casting judgment. A lot of people here seem to act like it was her fault for getting hired in the first place. 

We didn't think anyone could be worse than Benning but our start this year shows our new group is just as useless. They blame structure yet the players on the ice aren't capable. Tyler Myers and his birds eye view of the game still can't figure out how 4th liners get behind him and score. 

Rachel Doerrie might not be the solution to this discombobulated franchise but I'm pretty sure she isnt/wasn't the problem.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

15 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

She might be petty but so far she's been proven right.

And it looks pretty bad on this management team.

I rather have someone smart running my team even if they are an asshole, as long as they can get the results. Gillis is a good example.

All the good ol' boys we've had in the organization since then whether it's management or coaching have brought us nothing except one of the darkest periods in franchise history.

14 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

You're the one connecting a lot of dots here.

Not really "triggered"....more making comments and sharing opinions. As you have.

We don't know what happened but she sounds to possibly be disgruntled (referring to a lawyer and sounding like she wants to talk but can't).

Love that she ended on a positive note re the Sedins and Smyl. She's still young, so perhaps there's some growing to do. I wish her well in whatever she does. And the part about getting to spend time with her Grandmother is important...it must be hard for those who leave family behind for work...especially if there are medical issues and aging loved ones back home.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1