The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

55 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I think they chose to keep him due to lack of a substantial deal... But yah okay

I think they were open to moving him for a MASSIVE haul. Like, SEVERE overpayment. Barring that "silly" return, it seems they clearly preferred to keep him, if they could extend him for terms that made sense for the club (even taking him off the market last TDL).

Edited by aGENT

3 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

I'm going to go on a limb and suggest Chychrun is the Canucks top 4 D target

Burroughs/Rathbone, Hoglander/Garland as the names going back

I also wonder if Liam Foudy (CBJ) who is a young, bottom six speedster who could be acquired for someone like Lockwood, DiPietro and a pick

Another LD man? I don't think Canucks target Chychrun..Vancouver needs  the real RD man under 26 that can log 20--22 mins at least #3 D on depth chart....

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Another LD man? I don't think Canucks target Chychrun..Vancouver needs  the real RD man under 26 that can log 20--22 mins at least #3 D on depth chart....

Can/has played the right side and otherwise brings a lot of those assets we need (age, ability, contract security/value etc).

Biggest problem with getting him that I see, is that we can't likely do a straight across trade. We'd likely need to move Boeser/Garland for futures first, then move those (and some of Hoglander/Rathbone etc) for Chychrun, which obviously complicates things.

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Or he might recognize he's got a good thing going and tell his agent, "If you get me signed to a contract from anywhere but Vancouver, you're fired."

He signed here for a reason.  He is going to get to play with Petey and not many rookies in the NHL get to start their career with such an elite playmaker

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

For all you guys who are just dying to get rid of Myers, how long have the Canucks been looking for a top 4 RHD? 

More than 2 years since they lost Tanev and they couldn't even get one shopping a 1st line centre who put up 99 points last year.  

I get the desire to move the Chaos Giraffe but until they fill the missing piece AND get a replacement for Myers, they would be utterly STUPID to just cut him loose.

About as stupid as Benning was just letting Tanev slide for nothing while he was chasing rainbows :picard:

More of he was stupid by not paying attention to the salary cap. He kept signing players, and painted himself into a corner. Then lost a goalie, a defenceman, and a forward all for nothing. He's like a kid with a credit card. Living it up until the bill becomes due.

• Cheers 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:38 PM, BPA said:

With Seattle, I would try a bigger trade deal.

Rathbone + Garland

for

Larsson

Seattle gets a top LHD prospect and a top 9 F on a good contract.  Vancouver gets a legit top 4 RHD.

That would be my suggestion.

Top LHD prospect?... hmmmm....

Wouldn't mind Larsson though. 

so.. Im just wondering.. Karlsson and Aman seems to be in the lineup. So did we just trade a 2nd away so we can free up roster spots to keep Karlsson and Aman? Both players doesnt stand out to me at all. But both are Swedish and Allvin is Swedish. Too much Swedish love? 

43 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

so.. Im just wondering.. Karlsson and Aman seems to be in the lineup. So did we just trade a 2nd away so we can free up roster spots to keep Karlsson and Aman? Both players doesnt stand out to me at all. But both are Swedish and Allvin is Swedish. Too much Swedish love? 

No. We have 27 players on the roster atm. Karlsson and Aman are exempt from waivers, though I suspect Aman will be with the big club for some/all of the season. Dickinson was sent packing to rid us of the £1.5m of his salary that couldn't be buried (plus it saves the owners £6m over two years, which was probably a factor too).

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No. We have 27 players on the roster atm. Karlsson and Aman are exempt from waivers, though I suspect Aman will be with the big club for some/all of the season. Dickinson was sent packing to rid us of the £1.5m of his salary that couldn't be buried (plus it saves the owners £6m over two years, which was probably a factor too).

Where is Aman going to play with milker, horvat, Petey and lazar down the middle?

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dickie was getting paid in Pounds Sterling was he? jk

All the LTIR, waivers, starting roster, etc, is to be resolved today isn't it?

PA & His Large Band are deserving of some serious credit on this trade: got cap room, did a cap dump, got rid of non-performing player, moved a forward for a D, got a player with grit who can also back it up, all for a 2nd round pick almost 2 years from now, in an extremely difficult trade market with most teams having almost zero cap space.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

PA & His Large Band are deserving of some serious credit on this trade: got cap room, did a cap dump, got rid of non-performing player, moved a forward for a D, got a player with grit who can also back it up, all for a 2nd round pick almost 2 years from now, in an extremely difficult trade market with most teams having almost zero cap space.

Oops, good point. The way things are headed that will turn into a pay cut.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

It was a really good deal. I'm pretty surprised they got Stillman in the deal. I think Stillman probably had value of somewhere around a mid round pick, considering his age and upside. 

• Cheers 1