The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

am i the only one who thinks last game was entertaining? is it only about wins? they have played well enough to win 5 games but break downs in each has been their undoing. bruce will keep working to turn it around, trust him.

one thing that would really help is a strong skating, defensive d-man to play along side huggy. plus miller has to get to where he can put this team on his back and drive them forward. until he gets going it will be tough to find the right forward combinations. i understand the frustrations but at least come up with positive suggestions for success.

trades on cdc are easy but in real life it takes two teams to make a trade. if you fire bruce and replace him with yeo, how does that change anything? if your frustrated, imagine how the players and coaches feel?

Loads of firepower, they need to tighten up, can be done. Once they get it worked out they can win a lot of games. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Defense is the problem. Our Dmen don't score goals or prevent opponents from scoring goals. 

Need 2 top 4 Dmen. 

Not the D. The moment JT and BB were on the ice together we all knew we had lost. JT Miller has been on the ice for almost every goal against. That is not a D problem. That is a forward not helping the D problem.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Not the D. The moment JT and BB were on the ice together we all knew we had lost. JT Miller has been on the ice for almost every goal against. That is not a D problem. That is a forward not helping the D problem.

Its uncanny how many people consistently point out how brutal of a contract boeser is, yet theres still a few delusional people on this board that are in denial.  

• Cheers 2

Some road trips after a so so home stand can have a galvanizing effect , this one had the opposite. The home stand is exactly what they need.  Close quarters ; road trip room mates , staring at each other’s glum mugs can’t be to much fun. doing everything together isn’t that fun unless your kickin a$$.  With the exception of having to be around more of the big brass back home , getting away from all those trappings will do them good. They’ll be fine  fingers crossed. 

I was so pumped for this season.

I'm at a loss for words.

So sick of this core, some people complain about how the sedins and luongo crumbled in big games. 

At least they got us to big games.

I'm done with these bums.

Like Don Taylor said the other day, the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy and indifference. And that's how I feel.

10 hours ago, viking mama said:

4th lines have been good for 2 seasons. It’s a RD & D depth issue & Integrating too many new faces, year to year. 

System got tweaked & now it still has glitches. They have to find their  game & roll with a good long while, so that the chemistry/speed of play  builds and then the synergy will begin to feel like it’s through the roof!

Boudreau & management aren’t getting it done for the players off the ice & losing ANY more of these closely-called games, where each & every poor call against just  “grates”…well, it’s just getter all the more difficult for these players to stomach. 

I pray that playing back at home, perhaps with McDermott in the lineup, helps them to flip-a-switch, and bring some more light & levity back into their locker room, again! 

I hope so too VM. But I’m concerned there is something rotten happening…I really don’t want to start rumours or kick up dirt that isn’t there. However, I’m worried about our ownership group and if the players have quit on them. With the allegations against Francesco from his family (bogus or not) it just seems to me our team has no heart right now…hard to give it your all if you have problems with the man that owns the team. The entire team including Bruce seem deflated, completely opposite from last year…JT being the big family man he is, I could see this not sitting well with him. 

I honestly was hoping for Francesco to announce he would step away to deal with this, but he has remained at the helm and only stated he will make no further comments. 

I just wonder, until the lawsuit is settled and some more truth is shed on the matter, this cloud will hang over this team and it’s players until it’s finished.

We can all sit here and say boo hoo, collect your big pay cheques and keep playing hockey and win games for our team. But they are all human and have families too. It wouldn’t sit well with me if I worked for a man like that. In fact without going into my own personal details, I have quit a job before and found other work because of a boss who was an absolute monster. I was getting paid well but I didn’t give a shit about that. Only difference, I could quit and walk away…our Canucks players cannot…that would drive me insane. There are enough stories of Francesco being a bully to his employees and work force. All of them cobbler together paint s picture of a crappy person.

I think Francesco has completely derailed this team and he should step aside.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Cmon, are we really going to stretch that far to excuse the players from responsibility?  We've scapegoated one coach, one GM and probably another coach soon..........when are the players going to be held accountable?

The owner has zero to do with whats happening.

It’s a completely different team out there. What has happened to make the entire team change?

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It’s a completely different team out there. What has happened to make the entire team change?

It's exactly the same as oct-dec of last year and until the address whatever is going on in that room nothing is going to change.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I hope so too VM. But I’m concerned there is something rotten happening…I really don’t want to start rumours or kick up dirt that isn’t there. However, I’m worried about our ownership group and if the players have quit on them. With the allegations against Francesco from his family (bogus or not) it just seems to me our team has no heart right now…hard to give it your all if you have problems with the man that owns the team. The entire team including Bruce seem deflated, completely opposite from last year…JT being the big family man he is, I could see this not sitting well with him. 

I honestly was hoping for Francesco to announce he would step away to deal with this, but he has remained at the helm and only stated he will make no further comments. 

I just wonder, until the lawsuit is settled and some more truth is shed on the matter, this cloud will hang over this team and it’s players until it’s finished.

We can all sit here and say boo hoo, collect your big pay cheques and keep playing hockey and win games for our team. But they are all human and have families too. It wouldn’t sit well with me if I worked for a man like that. In fact without going into my own personal details, I have quit a job before and found other work because of a boss who was an absolute monster. I was getting paid well but I didn’t give a shit about that. Only difference, I could quit and walk away…our Canucks players cannot…that would drive me insane. There are enough stories of Francesco being a bully to his employees and work force. All of them cobbler together paint s picture of a crappy person.

I think Francesco has completely derailed this team and he should step aside.

so, he has been found guilty?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's exactly the same as oct-dec of last year and until the address whatever is going on in that room nothing is going to change.

We definitely have some problems in the dressing room. I won’t deny that. It just seems even worse this year. Looking for answers where there are none if you’re a fan. Been cheering for this team a long time. Even when we weren’t great in the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s. The difference to me was even tho they weren’t great they always played like a team and went out there with passion…except messier days…this is what’s reminiscent of that…one person causing an entire melt down of a team. I am blaming Franky but it could be something else.

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

No joe he hasn’t, I understand that, even stated that

I’m saying it’s become a distraction to the team and until it’s resolved it will continue to do so

The team performance right now is not because of the owner. That would be silly.  What is the owner supposed to do? Take a 2 month vacation away from the team?

• Like 1