The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yesterday's jersey toss - disgusting

Rate this topic

Dazzle

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Sadly, there will ALWAYS be an idiot who tosses a jersey

False-jerseys are rarely throw on the ice, thus not 'always".

In fact I can only recollect a few occasions, when fans of any team, have thrown jerseys.

Strangely, jersey tossing/throwing only occurs when the team sucks badly.

Perhaps the problem is the team sucks?

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

so, you spend $300+ for a 'named' jersey and then just toss it when you feel badly let down.

some of us can't afford an unnamed jersey, let alone one with a player's name and number on it. Plus there are thousands of kids that would 'kill' for a jersey or any kind. 

Pissed off at the team....donate the jersey to a charity. 

( guaranteed that same person will be buying another jersey before the end of the season )

• Haha 1

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Debatable.

not really, its my opinion :lol:

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Not something I would do per se, but this is indeed a sorry bunch of players.

Over the last 2-3 seasons the amount of games we've watched where it's clear as day that the players don't care or try hard enough is frankly ridiculous.

The effort level compared to Buffalo last night was simply appalling.

Maybe the players don't deserve the booing and jersey toss but the fans also do not deserve being fed garbage.

I can understand not giving the full effort when e.g., you're being coached by a moron and you know its likely going to be a loss.

I don't see a lack of effort, I see a lot of confusion right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

part of me thinks that these people were just waiting (maybe wanting) for them to lose and try to frame themselves as "making a statement" or being bold. 

However I also do understand the genuine frustration.

Kind of like how the clowns that started the riots used the game 7 loss as an excuse to destroy and purge their own city. 

Big waste of a 200 dollar jersey. I would've gladly taken it off their hands if its a free jersey they're throwing away

:D

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

not really, its my opinion :lol:

Opinions can be debated :)

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't see a lack of effort, I see a lot of confusion right now. 

I guess we're watching two different teams then.

This roster has a lot of talent, they are not getting blown out by any means and actually would have an okay record given good goaltending.

But it's clear that back-checking is optional, battling hard for pucks is optional, attention to detail is optional, getting down low in your zone and finding a man to cover is way down the priority list compared to fleeing for an offensive chance. I wonder if there is a stat out there for "turn the puck over and then just skate to the bench for a change instead of trying to get it back per 60" because I'm pretty sure we would have the NHL record.

It's pathetic.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Opinions can be debated :)

I guess we're watching two different teams then.

This roster has a lot of talent, they are not getting blown out by any means and actually would have an okay record given good goaltending.

But it's clear that back-checking is optional, battling hard for pucks is optional, attention to detail is optional, getting down low in your zone and finding a man to cover is way down the priority list compared to fleeing for an offensive chance. I wonder if there is a stat out there for "turn the puck over and then just skate to the bench instead of trying to get it back per 60" because I'm pretty sure we would have the NHL record.

It's pathetic.

yes I think I see a bigger problem in guys being out of position and/or not knowing who to cover. 

I don't know what it is, is it ineffective practice time? is the ghost of Baumer messing with the white board? 

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Debatable.

Not something I would do per se, but this is indeed a sorry bunch of players.

Over the last 2-3 seasons the amount of games we've watched where it's clear as day that the players don't care or try hard enough is frankly ridiculous.

The effort level compared to Buffalo last night was simply appalling.

Maybe the players don't deserve the booing and jersey toss but the fans also do not deserve being fed garbage.

True.

I don't think this team has the mentality to compete for any trophy.

At least it shows very clearly right now.

It's like they don't care about the circumstances... already behind in the game, you haven't won a single game, its your home opener... and with such a sorry effort in the third period?

They just play when they want to or feel like it. No killer instinct. Just bland.

Bruce called it like it is. Unacceptable as professional athlete. Having to take a good look in the mirror.

Really hard to think that this is the core of the future, that would bring the first ever stanley cup for this franchise. There will be MUCH more dire circumstances in the playoffs that are bound to happen. You can't be mentally fragile.

Just depressing and i think we're all confused with what's going on and what to do.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

The Canucks are not a victim.

Stop with this "toxic fanbase" and "toxic media" garbage.

The Canucks fail because they put incompetent people in charge and/or made incompetent decisions. Full stop. It's nobody else's fault.

Be better and the fans will cheer you on accordingly.

its like buying a product and the manufacturer blames the customer for it being faulty when they first try to use it lool

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yes I think I see a bigger problem in guys being out of position and/or not knowing who to cover. 

If I know who the players should be covering then they should too. It's really not rocket science.

Some systems can be a little different depending on how they want to handle switches and how much they lean towards a zone vs. man-to-man but for the most part it's always the same: the D-men cover the opposing wingers/down-low guys, the center covers the guy out front, and the wingers cover the opposing D-men.

I mean go back and watch the disallowed/double post goal. Miller is standing in front of the net (around where he should be as the center) but his guy is out in the high slot wide open. Miller makes no effort to find that guy, he's just staring at the puck in the corner. Then it gets passed out to slot and the guy has a fortnight to wind up and snipe. I imagine in peewee hockey the center is told to look around and find the guy in the slot that he should be covering. That's not confusion, that's simply not caring.

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

its like buying a product and the manufacturer blames the customer for it being faulty when they first try to use it lool

like shampoo- how good is it if you  have to be told to use it TWICE on the directions?

"Rinse, lather, repeat"- like how about just make it good enough to work the first time?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't know what it is, is it ineffective practice time? is the ghost of Baumer messing with the white board? 

the "bad habits" that JR keeps talking about is actually a curse put on by the team by Baumer, to be inclined to stick to his defensive systems long after he's gone

that and the undead zombie named jason king currently very present in behind the bench

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

this is why i use head and shoulders, for a clean and refreshing scalp, amazing smell and beautiful locks!

1 hour ago, Oregon.Duck said:

My observation: Some of y’all put too many of these players on a pedestal.

Don’t forget, the reason they can play is because of people that pay to watch. 

I'm hoping it sends a message. 

How about not buying tickets and go act like whinny children? 

The only message it sends is that Canucks fans are just as of a laughing stock as the team.  They represent us all, not just themselves unfortunately, just like the rioters.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

like shampoo- how good is it if you  have to be told to use it TWICE on the directions?

"Rinse, lather, repeat"- like how about just make it good enough to work the first time?

This is a marketing ploy. 
Effectively doubles sales by encouraging people to use twice as much. Not necessary at all.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

How about not buying tickets and go act like whinny children? 

The only message it sends is that Canucks fans are just as of a laughing stock as the team.  They represent us all, not just themselves unfortunately, just like the rioters.  

Not sure I agree cause the action of one should not condemn the group