The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Another tough but winnable game.  

If we keep it simple on zone exits and keep our discipline through the neutral zone we can limit their high danger chances.  Our D have both size and can skate that should counter their F's to some degree, but we can't be giving up odd man rushes and sloppy turn overs. Hughes, Bear, Bones, Myers - whoever plays needs to be super responsible. Schenn needs to be careful he doesn't get burned.

No suicide passes form Miller, Podz etc tonight pls. 

If we play like we did against the Pens we can win - if we play like we did against the Canes its GG. 

4-3 Canucks ! 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Disappointed to see Breezer sent down.  I really liked his game and would have liked to see him get a longer look.

Yeah, I thought, after so many previous tries, that he had put it all together this time; played really well imo.

He's always had the speed, but now he's using it to deliver a good defensive game too.

I imagine its a numbers game; first with Quinn returning and Bear arriving, then waiver-eligibility, and bonuses considerations and cap overages.

The only thing I saw that didn't go as well as it could have was his shot attempt after working it all the way down the ice.

Work so hard, for so many years, and there you are, finally, mano a mano ... and you plant it softly into his chest.

You could just see him cursing himself on the bench; if he had buried that, or made a wee deke.. he'd still be sent down tho imo.

We are getting there v/v depth and prospect pipeline; it's a long road, but we're on it, and making progress.

We'll see Breezer back I would think; and he will be valuable, leading up to, and in the playoffs, for Abby and/or the Canucks.

33 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

winter/heritage classic vibes.

i like em

I dunno. I guess these jerseys are just like how the old saying goes, it’s not the name on the back of your shirt that you play for, it’s the number on the front.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Gonna be a tough matchup, up until our win against them last season they'd beaten us twelve matchups in a row from 2015 on. Devils get up against this team for whatever reason the past decade. 

https://eishockey.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/5535-5559.html

They are #4 in nhl now, right up there with Canes. 

Fast team, will be a challenge to shut them down. 

Demko needs to be stellar. They have outshot their opponents by huge margins. 

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

There is a reason why we were able to get Ethan Bear. And it’s not because he’s the next coming of Roman Josi.

Exactly. We need him to play good reliable third line mins, keep it simple don't make mistakes. This will give QH and OEL more ideal ice times to do their thing. 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They are #4 in nhl now, right up there with Canes. 

Fast team, will be a challenge to shut them down. 

Demko needs to be stellar. They have outshot their opponents by huge margins. 

They're playing really well, I'm actually a bit surprised. 

I'm not saying we can't beat them, but if we don't play like we did against Pittsburgh there's a good chance we get toasted. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

D depth will be nice.

(if and when healthy)

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - Myers

Dermott - Bear

Stillman - Burroughs

Rathbone - Juulsen

Brisebois - Poolman  (not sure he plays again though)

Is it possible that OEL gets a game off now and then to rest? He seems to get tired and banged up fairly easily.  Any idea when Dermott could be back? 

Good idea, esp towards the playoffs 

:bigblush: