The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

9 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Bruins 0-1 since the signing 

and before it they were 10-1-0 and on a 7 game winning streak.  They also announced the signing when the team was in Toronto with all the media attention.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

and before it they were 10-1-0 and on a 7 game winning streak.  They also announced the signing when the team was in Toronto with all the media attention.

Did Betman not cancel the signing though?  Is Miller a Bruin?

Devils advocate if a 14 year old murdered someone what jobs would they be ineligible for when they are 25 years old?

Miller is or at atleast was a POS but what’s the extent of cancelling someone over something they did as a teenager.  Is what he did worse than what any adult  physically abusing a spouse/partner.  Can you argue any of Evander Kane’s shenanigans as an adult aren’t on par with Miller’s douchebaggery?

• Thanks 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

At this moment he is still in the organization but he most definitely is not a Bruin

Alf doesn’t understand.  Miller has a contract with the Bruins, but isn’t a Bruin?  He’s their property, isn’t he?  Or did Betman nix that? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf doesn’t understand.  Miller has a contract with the Bruins, but isn’t a Bruin?  He’s their property, isn’t he?  Or did Betman nix that? 

Bettman can’t stop him from playing in the AHL but says that he has not been cleared to play in the NHL and may never be. The NHLPA may or may not have something to say about that. 

Bruins fans are almost unanimously livid about the signing, calling for Sweeney and Neely’s heads to roll. He might be Bruin’s property but he won’t be a Bruin anytime soon, if ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Bettman can’t stop him from playing in the AHL but says that he has not been cleared to play in the NHL and may never be. The NHLPA may or may not have something to say about that. 

Bruins fans are almost unanimously livid about the signing, calling for Sweeney and Neely’s heads to roll. He might be Bruin’s property but he won’t be a Bruin anytime soon, if ever.

The Boston Bruins signed him to a two-way contract, which means under normal circumstances he could get called up to the big leagues for whatever reason.  Miller is the property of the Bruins.  Hockey-wise, he's definitely not good enough (yet) to play on the NHL's top team, and is set to start for Providence in the minors.  But now we have the media firestorm everyone (except Sweeney/Neely) expected.  The AHL is less than excited.  Bettman is definitely not excited.  Here is my prediction: this contract is likely to be null and void in the coming weeks.  There will be no buyout, and Miller's family will likely take the Bruins to court, dragging this out over a couple years.

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

All I’m going to say is those in the thread willing to give him a second chance needs to look into how long the bullying went on because it continued until at least 2018. Just a tiny little bit past the whole 8th grade. Needs to look into how he made the kid eat candy after it was dunked in urinal piss. Needs to look into how he’s bullying a mentally disabled person (what kind of human does that? Seriously). Needs to look into how he hasn’t actually apologized (no a Snapchat message that disappears doesn’t count). Needs to look into how his statement still minimizes his actions (no it wasn’t just the candy incident). I did stupid shit at that age too, I think we all did, but I can count on one hand the number of students out of tens of thousands that ever bullied a disabled kid. It takes a seriously messed up individual to ever do anything like this.

Then they all need to ask themselves what they’d feel and if they’d be forgiving if your son or daughter was in the place of that poor kid and received all the emotional and physical abuse for years creating immense mental trauma because of it. Would you still give him a second chance? Or would you be hair on fire angry this guy now might have a hockey career while your child is dealing with the repercussions of this unapologetic dirtbag? I think you might have a very different answer then.

EDIT: I’m going to add in, I’m very glad many of those people who wanted to give him a second chance have now realized their mistake after learning more about the totality of the situation. Being able to change one’s mind and recognizing an error they made after new information shows maturity and emphasizes skills that are sadly lacking in many others. It shows we’re growing as a species, individuals, society and as a fanbase for a sport we love. Some things are more important then hockey. Serious kudos and accolades to those who have done so (you know who you are).

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Devils advocate if a 14 year old murdered someone what jobs would they be ineligible for when they are 25 years old?

Miller is or at atleast was a POS but what’s the extent of cancelling someone over something they did as a teenager.  Is what he did worse than what any adult  physically abusing a spouse/partner.  Can you argue any of Evander Kane’s shenanigans as an adult aren’t on par with Miller’s douchebaggery?

My momma taught me at a very young age: two wrongs don’t make a right. Kane is also a terrible person domestic abuser who shouldn’t be allowed to play in the NHL. The fact that he wrongly is doesn’t have any impact whatsoever on whether Miller should get a NHL career or not.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, flat land fish said:

from what's been reported there has been little effort put to making amends for what he did. "I was just a kid" doesn't cut it anymore, particularly if you're trying to become a public figure like an NHL player.

You earn 2nd chances in life, so far it looks like he's done nothing to earn it. 

Our owner is being charge with what again..  

Patrick Roy was arrested for domestic abuse 
didn’t Patrick  Kane beat up a cab driver

Pretty long list of POS  and that’s just the ones we know about 
this  kids a pos he was a horrible kid . Was he convicted charged and did jail time? 

as adults it’s seems it’s easier to get second chances especially if you can be a star. 

I can’t wait for the list of superstars in the hockey Canada scandal to be fully released and their contracts canceled…..  right. 

Edited by combover
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Our owner is being charge with what again..  

Patrick Roy was arrested for domestic abuse 
didn’t Patrick  Kane beat up a cab driver

Pretty long list of POS  and that’s just the ones we know about 
this  kids a pos he was a horrible kid . Was he convicted charged and did jail time? 

as adults it’s seems it’s easier to get second chances especially if you can be a star. 

I can’t wait for the list of superstars in the hockey Canada scandal to be fully released and their contracts canceled…..  right. 

What are you talking about? There has not been ANY charge for Francesco Aquilini. The fact that people, such as yourself, are confusing accusations with charges with convictions is very concerning. Jesus, none of the accusations thus far have been proven in court. It doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

How about people educate themselves on how the legal system works before we start throwing out opinions about who is 'guilty' or 'not guilty'?

• Like 1

Statement by his agent.   Intro is hidden and part of the end too:

The decision to take on Mitchell Miller as a client was not one that 02K Sports Management made lightly. As one of the very few Black NHL agents in the league, a member of the NHL's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and as a Black man who has spent his entire life in hockey, I understand the gravity of the situation and respect the fierce emotions and reactions to the initial reporting and commentary around Mr. Miller's past behavior.

We believe in restorative justice. Mitchell and I are on that path together, and I welcome you all to join us. 02K Sports Management believes in accountability, and so does our client. After weighing all of these factors, we came to the conclusion to embrace the forward-thinking approach of Professor Loretta Ross and choose to "counsel not cancel" as the path to racial healing and understanding.

Edited by mll

10 hours ago, flat land fish said:

I agree with you 100%. At least HNIC held their powder as they said they didn't know enough detail. I didn't like the idea that it appears the Bruins did not contact the family. Whatever information the Bruins shared with their players didn't seem to impress them.