The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov 12/22 Vancouver Canucks(4-7-3) @ Toronto Maple Leafs(7-5-3) Scotiabank Arena 4:00pm PT CBC SNP SNO SNW  SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It doesn't completely but whatever lol. I found it interesting that he commented negatively on Torts and his methods (common cdc fallacy) even though they've been proven to be very successful.

Here's your first mistake, right here.

Are you with us or not? Because CDC is all of us.

And the team WAS putting in the work...that fallacy is your own.

• Upvote 1

An effort level anywhere close to the last two games will earn this team a fat L tonight.

Half ass efforts get you no where, if you can't get up and be motivated for a big game like tonight against a universally disliked team, on national broadcast, then its time to bring players in who can. Tired of seeing apathetic efforts from this group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Canucks get the third string goalie again, a chance.

Canucks need to make this a run and gun game, they can't play from a defensive shell.

This needs to be a high scoring game, that might make it a pick'em game

Malkin exposed some opportunities.

I think Toronto wins though but Canucks could surprise knowing they have the hottest team in the league tomorrow and this game is there best chance out of the next 3 games

Lol have you not watched the last 6 years of canucks? Backup 3rd string goalie usually plays  at vezina level against the canucks.. I’m pretty sure if u go back and look at the records of backup and 3rd string they are like .750+ with a bunch of shutout against the canucks 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

An effort level anywhere close to the last two games will earn this team a fat L tonight.

Half ass efforts get you no where, if you can't get up and be motivated for a big game like tonight against a universally disliked team, on national broadcast, then its time to bring players in who can. Tired of seeing apathetic efforts from this group.

I always circle the games in Montreal and Toronto when the schedule comes out.

They didn’t show up and embarrassed themselves in Montreal ,and only played one period in Ottawa.

On what grounds,and indication are they going to bring it tonight?

I don’t see it.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Spenser Martin getting the start makes me feel better about tonight.

If Demko was playing like we know he can (top five in the league) then I think we have a good chance to win.  I see Martin not getting through the first period tonight.  Will be 4-0 Leafs and Demko comes in.  Then Demko plays like Double Bubble Boy and goes on a streak of great play, starting with a shutout of the Bees tomorrow. 

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Peter MacDougall #38
PM38.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Chris Lee #28
CL28.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 12 13
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 73 / 0 48 / 20
Career Games (Reg/PO) 239 / 0 1280 / 106
First NHL Game 4/8/17 4/2/01
Birthplace Regina, SK St. John, NB

LINESMEN

Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg?resize=120,120
CJ Murray #68
2021_CM68.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 13 14
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 72 / 23 57 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1025 / 130 71 / 0
First NHL Game 10/6/07 10/14/21
Birthplace Drayton, ON Pittsburgh, PA

I miss Swede Knox. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Demko was playing like we know he can (top five in the league) then I think we have a good chance to win.  I see Martin not getting through the first period tonight.  Will be 4-0 Leafs and Demko comes in.  Then Demko plays like Double Bubble Boy and goes on a streak of great play, starting with a shutout of the Bees tomorrow. 

How much you putting on this, Alf?

(kidding, betting's not allowed...even though the ads every 9 seconds has me question that)

Spencer's playing solid and there's no reason to think he can't get the job done.

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It doesn't completely but whatever lol. I found it interesting that he commented negatively on Torts and his methods (common cdc fallacy) even though they've been proven to be very successful. He is 12th all time in wins as an NHL coach. The fact that his methods didn't work in Van was more a reflection on the team and their inability to put in the hard work required to win in the NHL. This evidenced by him being named the coach of the year immediately following his tenure here, and the Canucks continuing to suck after he was gone with a different coach.

My comment had nothing to do with Petey or this team and my post didn't mention them at all, which is my guess at the point you are trying to make. To be in the here and now? In which case it seems to me your comment should be directed to @MaxVerstappen33 who brought it up in the first place. Saturday optional media skate is hardly a boot camp either. I was merely responding to his comment which seemed out of place and incorrectly used imo.

Always appreciate your comments though 204.

My comment had nothing to do with Petey or this post either. My comment was about how you saying Torts called this teams mentality that of a country club was completely asinine and irrelevant.

JR calling this teams mentality a country club matters because JR is around the team now and has seen, in his opinion, what is going on with the current team and current players. You bringing up that Torts called it a country club means nothing because that was 8 years ago and NONE of those players are here anymore and that comment he made is therefore, in the context of our current team and players, irrelevant.

Yes, you did not bring up Torts originally, Max did but it was you that brought Torts' comment in to the convo and my response to you was just reiterating that what Torts said 8 years ago has no bearing on today's team.

Make It Clear Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Your all wet Alf. The Nuckers are going on a scoring rampage tonight. Especially Mik who gets a hatty against his old team. I would give my left n.. to see this. It would be as good as making playoffs! The Laffers crying in the 3rd with the score so bad it isn't worth pulling their tender. That guy who everyone was posting his picture on here walking out after the game with his 'special' pants on backwards! All the HNIC pundits in shocked silence expect for Kevin who just sits there and chuckles into the mike. I can't wait. Ya, I believe in a tear down but not until this game is over. :) 

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Here's your first mistake, right here.

Are you with us or not? Because CDC is all of us.

And the team WAS putting in the work...that fallacy is your own.

There were a lot of people that said otherwise, including Trevor Linden, and a lot of people in the hockey world. I agreed with them. It certainly looked that way to me ... and to Torts who resorted to putting the Sedin's on the PK and asking them and everyone else to block shots. Everyone has a right to their opinion I believe. You already have a quote from another poster and you must remember all the comments made in the media suggesting the same thing. So no it's not all my own by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think I deserve the flack for restating a a simple and well known criticism. My bad I forgot everyone is supposed to blow smoke up the team's butt at every turn. Where I come from constructive criticism and tough comments about men playing a children's game was common place.

There's a lot of folks here that blame everything and everyone except the players who play the game. We saw it last year with Green, and we're seeing it again this year. Man people get bent out of shape about truthful observations sometimes. Believe they are perfect and beyond reproach if you must but that viewpoint doesn't work for everyone. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol have you not watched the last 6 years of canucks? Backup 3rd string goalie usually plays  at vezina level against the canucks.. I’m pretty sure if u go back and look at the records of backup and 3rd string they are like .750+ with a bunch of shutout against the canucks 

Haha, yeah. I don’t know the stats but definitely seems like we’ve made a lot of backups and third stringers look like Vezina candidates in recent years.

I also wouldn’t expect Kallgren to make it easy on us. He’s been quite good for Toronto at 5v5. Leafs PK has let him down and he’s gotten lit up by some power plays, but he’s generally played above expectations this season.

Hopefully we score early and often on whatever power plays the refs give us, and also manage to play a disciplined game and stay out of the box ourselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There were a lot of people that said otherwise, including Trevor Linden, and a lot of people in the hockey world. I agreed with them. It certainly looked that way to me ... and to Torts who resorted to putting the Sedin's on the PK and asking them and everyone else to block shots. Everyone has a right to their opinion I believe. You already have a quote from another poster and you must remember all the comments made in the media suggesting the same thing. So no it's not all my own by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think I deserve the flack for restating a a simple and well known criticism. My bad I forgot everyone is supposed to blow smoke up the team's butt at every turn. Where I come from constructive criticism and tough comments about men playing a children's game was common place.

There's a lot of folks here that blame everything and everyone except the players who play the game. We saw it last year with Green, and we're seeing it again this year. Man people get bent out of shape about truthful observations sometimes. Believe they are perfect and beyond reproach if you must but that viewpoint doesn't work for everyone. 

So that matters today?

"The players" change over time yet some hang on to the past like it's the present. That's the point some of us are making.

No one's asking you to blow smoke...but if you're going to criticize this team, at least use relevant points when doing so. If you have to dig back to the Tort's experience then that's not relevant to this roster.

A well known criticism doesn't get to span across to players who don't own that rep/history. 

• Thanks 1